I think I may have Lyme's disease

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms. I am waiting for results from a blood test taken last week, I have had many weird neurological symptoms and remembered that last year I developed a strange circular rash on my hip. I went to Exmoor last June and the dog got covered in ticks. I didn't see any ticks on me and there was quite a gap before I developed the rash. I also remember getting a flu type thing last summer. I am worried about how common it is to get a negative blood result even if I do have Lyme's disease. Here are the symptoms that began a month ago;

Bad migraine type headache

Visual disturbance

Fatigue

Dizziness

Dental pain (went to dentist and nothing wrong)

Strange tingling sensation/numbness down left side of face and body

Developed into discomfort, mild shooting pains

Nausea

Lack of appetite and weight loss

Hands and neck slightly painful, cracking

Generally feeling unwell

I have also been struggling with my memory and concentration for a long time but thought it was due to medication I was on, now I'm not sure.

I am quite scared at the moment as to what is causing these symptoms, I was sent to hospital the week before last by GP, given a CT scan which came back normal, now awaiting an MRI. It was only last Sunday that I thought about the weird rash I had last year and started researching Lyme's disease. I would really appreciate any advice from people who have been diagnosed. Have other people developed similar symptoms? Sorry for the long rambling post :-)

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up