i think i might be dead

Posted , 7 users are following.

how should i begin i know this may sound so stupid to others but i am pretty scared right now I think i died a week ago and this is after life.I had an asthma attack in middle of my sleep and i could not find my inhaler so i fall asleep.And that is how i died or am i still alive who knows?This really upsets me my asthma is not even bad but i get scared from it.by the way i am 16 going to be 17 soon

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

it sounds like you had a nightmare or possibly an experience of sleep apnea, it usually affects older or overweight people but if you sleep the wrong way you can temporarily cut off your air supply when sleeping but your body responds to this automatically which would explain your dream. i was having this alot so u had to change my pillows with one ti support my shoulders aswell as one for my head so im sleeping slightly more propped up, hopefully this does not happen again to you but if it does dont worry about it, your body will wake you up if there is a real problem!

• Posted

Well if your dead and have entered the after life then we have all passed as well, your obviously feeling anxious and this is how it's making you feel, please don't worry about it when your young it's normal to feel strange sometimes and sometimes we feel strange we get older as well so nothing much changes, can you talk to your mum and she will reassure you, take care and chill maybe it would be good for you to take up some kind of relation class that teaches good breathing techniques

• Posted

I was thinking, if you actually did die, you probably couldn't of started this discussion! Right? Sports can do many things but get online and post isn't one of them. You could of dreamed about the attack, sometimes dreams feel so real, it can be confusing. Or you wore yourself out trying to catch your breath that it wore you out. When you relaxed your airways opened up and your attack stopped. You should make sure you have your inhaler near you at all times, especially at night! I've woke up gasping for air before and it's very scary, I was afraid to go back to sleep!

Anyway, don't worry...Im 99%positive your not dead.

• Posted

PS I didn't mean "sports"...I meant to say spirits!!! sorry

• Posted

Hi I have severe asthma...very bad but not as bad as COPD or emphesema but i understand how you feel because i also suffer from anxiety to the point of panic attacks. And when i have an asthma attack and i dont have my inhaler with me or available to use, then it can cause me such anxiety that i can have a panic attack. Understandable because if we cant breathe then we die !

Luckily i saw my doctor and he diagnosed me with depression, put me on the right medication and gave me the right therapy. So i'm fine now. But i MUST take my asthma inhalers as my doctor instructed MORNING AND NIGHT AND i MUST CARRY THEM WITH ME WHEREVER I GO...

So see you doctor again and WRITE DOWN THE INSTRUCTIONS AND SET YOUR ALARM CLOCK NOW AND FOREVER> OK?

love Leela xxx

• Posted

I have asthma too and have had these attacks. If you can't breathe then you will go back to sleep and your lungs will automatically start taking in air again. You are not dead but very much alive. Always keep your inhaler with you (take it to bed as well) and don't forget you can sometimes breathe through your nose instead. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.