I think I might have Genital Herpes, I don't have health insurance to talk to a doctor about It.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have symptoms that match both Shingles and Herpes. I can't afford to get health insurance and I don't know what to do rolleyes. I don't know what to say to my boyfriend and I don't want him to find me gross and unattractive but how can I tell him I don't want to have sex with him after he just got back from a trip for his job so we haven't seen each other in a month.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

😭😭

It's okay sweetie .

What type of issues are you going through I might be able to help out .

Do you think you got it from your boyfriend ?

These two type of issues need to be directly diagnosed by a doctor .

Are you having any issues with discharge ? Pain while urinating ??

• Posted

No discharge, They just itch and if I scratch they burn and at night both these things get twice as worse. And he has been the only one I've been with in the last 6 months.
    • Posted

Hi I have a blister like sorebat the bottom of the inside of my vag. I saw it immediately after I had sex with my bf. It's itchy , I have discharge, and it burns when I pee. I thought it could be possibly due to the rubbing and it like make a sore or something ?? I jus am praying to god I have anything other than herpes??? It's one sore and doesn't look like herpes do you know what else it could be?
  • Posted

Look around on the internet or ask around for clinics in your area that will see you even though you can't afford it. Some will charge you on a sliding fee scale, based on your income. Maybe start by asking the local shelter or food pantry if they of a clinic like this. You need to be seen by a doctor. Go ahead and be honest with your boyfriend, that way he understands what's going on with you and can support you instead of being left in the dark. 
  • Posted

I was just diagnosed with genital herpes. I had itching which turned into burning and swelling. My primary outbreak was bad. If you need it I have some tips that helps but go to a free clinic or a place like planned parenthood smile

Shingles is usually for senior citizens and herpes is unfortunately very common. When I told me new bf after I found out he was very accepting so don't be so worried. If he really likes you, he'll understand. Especially if you got it from him! Tell him the truth.

• Posted

Any tips on how to deal with the iching and burning would be great!

• Posted

Alternate extra strength tylenol and ibuprofin.

For the itching, I'd recommend black tea, other teas might work. Heat it up, wait for it to cool down and apply. Worked wonders for me. For burning, I kept alternating ice packs (wrapped up in a paper towel of course!) in my underwear. Coconut oil helps soothe.

To heal, soak with epsom salt for at least 20 minutes a couple times a day, and when not soaking keep the area dry. Dip a cotton ball in water and then in baking soda or corn starch and apply to spots. And if it is herpes, start taking l-lysine and it helps to heal faster.

If you ever need to talk or get more advice feel free to message me smile

• Posted

I am been dealing with this hsv 1 and 2 for years, urine leakage problems and odors, so I'm asking God to heal me. Depression and anxiety took over my life. God is delivering me from this
    • Posted

Hi I have a blister like sorebat the bottom of the inside of my vag. I saw it immediately after I had sex with my bf. It's itchy , I have discharge, and it burns when I pee. I thought it could be possibly due to the rubbing and it like make a sore or something ?? I jus am praying to god I have anything other than herpes??? It's one sore and doesn't look like herpes do you know what else it could be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.