I think I've been depressed for a while i think I need help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Could any 1 help?

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shaun,  Can you explain a bit more as without information it's difficult for anyone to help or understand.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Don't really no what to say it's hard to explain I've been like this for years have no motivation no interest in anything I've been in and out of jobs good ones aswell, I find it really hard to explain it's like I have loads of thoughts going threw my mind constantly , I have been to scared to go to doctors because I'm stubborn and thinking will be ok but I've sat down and thought hard that I must have a problem, I have a lovely family and house and will probably loose them all the way I'm going
  • Posted

Hi, Shaun, could you describe what is making you feel depressed, I might be able to help.
  • Posted

Hi Shaun.  What's the point in being stubborn and refusing to get help?  If you broke your leg would you be stubborn and think it would heal by itself?  There is no difference. 

You need to get yourself to a doctor who can diagnose you and offer treatment options.  It's obviously not going away by itself.  Depression is not a sign of weakness you know and nothing to be ashamed of.  Why suffer needlessly?   Make that appointment.  x

• Posted

I no what u mean and it's not about what people think about me it's just my own self believing , I really dnt no what to say when I see a doctor it sounds stupid but it's just the initial start of the conversation I really appreciate the comments as well thanks
  • Posted

Hi if it is easier why not write down how you feel and just give it to the doctor?  Or is there anyone who could go with you?

A good opening line is - 'I think I am suffering from depression and I would like your professional opinion please'.  The dr should then start asking questions.   Go for it.   I know it's not easy but it's the only way you are going to get the help you need.

You can google online depression tests which can give you a guideline. x 

• Posted

Hello Hypercat,  Hope your okay, missed you on here for the last few weeks.  

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth I missed you and all my friends on here too.  I had major internet problems which are thankfully sorted out now.  I am so glad to be back smile 

Hope you are ok love.   Bev xx

• Posted

Hello Shaun,  I agree with the advice others have said.  Your GP is the first port of call.  There are so many treatments as well as meds now.  Your GP will be able to advice you on the best for you.  Depression will not go away on it's own, it needs a little help.  You owe it to your family who must care for you.  Don't be stubborn,  as Hypercat has said you could write down how you feel. To be helped you need to help yourself too.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Thanks for your comments got the doctors booked on the morning, guna have to see what he says thanks again
    • Posted

Let us all know how you get on or if you need to talk, we are here for you.  smile
  • Posted

Been to doctors he recommends I take time off work and see a councillor thanks for ur help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.