I think I will die soon

Posted , 1 user is following.

First of all I would like to say that I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.but last month I got feeling that I don't have much time left and I am obsessed with death. It got even worse when I read that some people feel when they die.is it anxiety related and did anybody experience something like it

3 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello there, yes you are not alone - I think about things like that all the time, health anxiety and panic attacks also, after a spell in hospital and major surgery I think something awful about to happen and it's just a matter of time before it does, seeking constant reassurance from anyone who will listen although havnt been to GP about it as I know they will do blood tests and things but I'm too terrified of the results so it holds me back and I can't go. I also thought the hospital were holding something g back from me when they discharged me like it was too awful to tell me so they just did nothing - it's a horrible state to be in and also very lonely as my hubby gets sick of listening to all my worries, but yes you are definatley not alone X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for support I just read that some people feel when they will die after it   I got paranoid and feel like I don't how much time left   While I am 17 years old and my birthday is in 20 days 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You are so young to deal with this, do you think something triggered it - what I mean is can you link it to anything, a trauma or life changing event ? not always linked as sometimes it can and does happen for no apparent reason. Are you feeling brave enough to ask your GP for help, I know there is lots of help out there it's just reaching out for it, you shouldn't have to suffer this on your own, maybe reach out to your family and tell them how you're feeling x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had quite a normal life before my first panic attack which wasn't triggered. I realized  that we can die anytime before it I never thought about death I thought it was something  that won't happen to to me or to my family members but now I think about it every second. It got even worse when I read somewhere that people usually feel when death is near I just wanted to ask if anxiety can trigger that feeling and of course thoughts that I will die soon
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes anxiety can trigger all sorts of thoughts and symptoms as well, palpitations, headaches, tingling limbs, chest pains, tummy problems etc - our brains are powerful organs that can convince us that something dreadful is about to happen when it's absoloutley not - it's not very nice and very consuming and debilitating but there is help if you can bring yourself to tell your GP at least that would be a start, you shouldn't be suffering so young or  any age actually, it's breaking the cycle of fear x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Actually I already checked I got 8 ekg blood test holter monitor all came fine but I can't convince myself that I'm going to die. It's not problem for me to die at 60 or 70 but it's kinda sucks at 17 :D.thanks for help
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes more than likely anxiety, like myself and many others and it's a horrible thing , we become so focused on dreadful things happening we can think of nothing else and it's there 24/7 . I try to do things and be happy but it's always there in the background lingering but you could try and get some help, also it helps to read other people's journeys on this site, if you read through you will see that your not on your own it can happen to anyone for no reason or be triggered by something - be braver than me and try to talk to someone x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok thanks for help it's quite hard time for me plus I got a lot of exams in the end of May.i will try to talk with my aunt in the whole family she can understands me better cause she suffers from anxiety too
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes do that, your aunt will understand where you're coming from she suffers as well and will be sympathetic, I do feel for you and everyone else that's got this horrible thing and unless someone else has it they can never understand what it's like. I get tired of people telling me to pull myself together and stop being so morbid they just don't get it at all. Good luck with everything 😉
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is the nature of the beast that many people suffering with anxiety conditions become preoccupied by death and feel that death is looming when in reality it is not.

It is all a part of the pessimistic outlook than can occur when a mental health condition gets out of control and ravages our body.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Aww it's anxiety making you feel so down and desperate!! It's horrible to deal with this and exams and you are so young with a full life to live.

I'm 53 now and have only had 3 bouts of anxiety and depression in my life but they are the worst times ever but made me appreciate my family and friends more.

Please tell them how you feel. Life is very precious, we are all only here for a short time so embrace it.

Good luck to you xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for support. Yes I thought it was anxiety but after I read that some people feel when they will die it made my anxiety worse and I kinda accepted that I will never have normal life and I will die soon or very young
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up