I think it may be anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, I'm 13 and have have outburst of crying and feeling tense atleast once a week. It normally happens in school at little things like someones called me a mean name and leaves me feeling worthless, tense and embarassed after since I'm know as the crybaby amongst my peers. This has been happening since I was about 5 years old and most of the time i just get told to man up. It happens for at least 10 minutes, I cry for 5 and feel like an idiot for normally a week after. Help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Normally after I have stopped crying, I have a sore throat and can't talk + painful headaches. If one of these episodes happens on the 2nd floor of my school, I often feel like jumping of the balcony and dying (I don't feel this for long at the most 3 days) 
    • Posted

Hi, I am sorry your feeling this way. I know school is out at the moment and you cannot speak to a Counsellor or teacher you can trust. You have low self esteem and maybe depression. While your not at school is there a family member or trusted older person you can talk to. Don't bottle things up. Book an appointment with your GP as soon as you can and tell them how you feel. Feeling like jumping off a balcony is feeling suicidal. Please ring the Samaratians if you feel like this again, it is confidential and non judgemental and available 24/7. Childline is another place you can ring. Please write on here again as people care and we can support you and try and direct you to the help you need. Hope this helps you, take care and get the help you need.

Elizabeth.  

• Posted

Hello AnimeFan, first of all your a very brave young lady and certainly no crybaby.

Cant kids be cruel at times, and whilst your 13 your obviously a bit more mature than the kids calling you mean things but just because your probably a bit more grown up it also doesn't make it any easier to hear those things and it really hurts when it happens. It is normal to feel like crying and feeling tense but no need to feel embarrassed about showing your emotions. I'd guarantee those kids calling you names cry also.

Jumping from a balcony may feel like the only thing to do to get back at them but the fact you won't tells me again just how strong you actually are, you know it won't help especially when talking is a far better thing to do.

If you have a favourite teacher or an adult to talk to in school it might be worth you asking them what you and he/she can do to help you with this as you don't deserve to be treated in this way by your "peers", don't be frightened about discussing how it makes you feel with your parent or relative first but if you feel more comfortable with a teacher then again don't be afraid.

Also remember there is childline who will be able to help you also, all you would need to do is pick up the phone and somebody will be there to talk to and help you feel better, with advise as well.

Finally everybody here will listen to you and help so keep posting h&m w you are, how your days been and especially if your feeling down because of some other kids!

You are not alone.

Neil 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words, I guess I just have constant fear of being judged and since starting high school my self esteem has went to dropped, especially since I went to a different school to my friends. I might consider calling childline. So once again, thank you Neil smile
    • Posted

Going to high school especially a different school to your friends is always going to be difficult as you've to start making new friends in a new and bigger environment so you have a desire to be accepted and liked in already established friendship groups so you will naturally feel "the odd one out".

Great thing is it also gives you an opportunity to make new friends and keep in touch with your older friends, the feelings your having will pass as you settle down but you could do with a leg up and help to get you through the transition. 

Just be yourself and you will attract new friends, you will be fine and in time you will be the person giving advise! 

Keep posting and tell us how your getting on, we care about you as do many  of your friends and family.

N

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.