I think ive got aniexty issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

For a while now im been panicky and constantly checking myself in case theres somethink wrong.  My dad died very suddenly 3 yrs ago and ive been feeling like this since . proddiing and checking my body every day is getting to much for me but I cant go to the doctors as I feel really stupid

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Please do not suffer in silence, go to the doctors today thats what they are there for. I am not an expert on anxiety as I am only a recent victim of it myself but it sounds like your dads death has triggered all sorts of worries and upset for you, understably so. There is the grief of actually losing a loved one, but also the fact that it heightens the sense of your own mortality. You are debilitating yourself and spoiling the life that you have the chance of living. You owe it to yourself to go to the doctors and get help. They may be able to refer you for some counselling which may be all you need to get your head around what happened to your dad and start to live your life again. Even though you may not feel like it, also try and spend a lot of time with people who make you feel happy. Thats what I do and it really helps. If it helps, I do not feel like I really know who I am at the moment due to a stressful time in my own life, but i hope to soon. I have hope, my friend gave me some good advice, he said "everything is temporary". And i focus on that. I know that i wont feel like this forever, or I will have better tools I can use to deal with my feelings. Good luck with everything x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for replying to me I feel realy alone as no one knows I feel like this . Ive hidden it well even my partner doesnt know . Ive 2 teen sons and a 10 mth old baby girl and o feel like this aniexty  is  running my life as I constantly worry about everything . I think the more I worry and fret symptoms seems to get worse like headaches,  chest pain etc... I miss my dad so much and ive never talked about wat happened proberly. .. I see my mom everyday which is great we help and support each other ... I realy hope you start to feel better soon
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've vern the same way since I got my first panick attack last year. I constantly check my bp and every weird lump I feel in my body increased my anxiety as I automatically fear the worst. Hope we all find a cure soon. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone   
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much I thought it was just me that felt this way , its such an awful feeling and wish it would go away but I think the worst all the time . Back in june I had to go for a mammogram but thank god what I thought was a lump was checked and it turned out to be a prominent milk duct but my aniexty is even worse since then. I dont think of anything else n its awful 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes as hard as we might try to stay positive it seems the worst thoughts are the ones that always win. I know exactly how you feel even after my ekg came out normal I still fear that I might have heart issues since my anxiety is always messing with my bp
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up