I think you are in with a chance!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey been given this tablets tonight - scared of taking them but little hope left, too heavy, too fat - whatever you want to put it, im not bothered so much about my appearance but worried about my health in the future! will keep you posted!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Don't be scared, there's good advice around and the biggest thing to eat low fat. That way the weight will come off without the unpleasant side effects. Like you, I'm doing this for my health. I had an eye opener about a month ago and went onto the blueys then. In the past I've found it so hard, failed so many times, but that's no reason to think I won't succeed this time. Hope you will too :lol:

So far I'm succeeding :D

Keep in touch

Ali

• Posted

hi alij

how long have you been on the meds and how much weight have you lost? do you still eat lean meat and carbs?

HP

• Posted

Hi HP

Welcome to the forum.

i've been on the tablets just 2 weeks and have lost 10lbs already; i havent had to change my diet much just cut out the crap. i eat 3 solid meals a day and snack on fruit or low fat treats like weight watchers are good.

typical week

cereal all week with semi skimmed milk for breakfast

sandwich (brown bread) i spread only half a side lightly with butter and add wafer ham, chicken or turkey and loads of salad for lunch

tea, chicken dinner, spag bol (extra lean mince meat), chilli (same meat), wraps or salmon with plenty of veg!

i even went to pizza hut with my neice at the weekend but had to settle with pasta and chicken (no cheese)

good luck and keep us updated with your progess!

C x

• Posted

hey C - thats great they are the sort of things i ate today - cereal with skimmed milk, sushi and ryvitas and grapes for lunch! took first tablets today! have you had any sides affects from the meds and how much weight have you got to lose?

HP

• Posted

Hi HP

No side effects - i've been really really careful about what i eat though, the only thing that made my tummy grumble a bit was some spaghetti bolognese as it didnt have extra lean mince in it, but i drained it anyway so wasnt too bad.

shamefully i have at least 10 stone to lose, but 1 pound at a time and i WILL do it!

C x

• Posted

its not shameful to lose 10 stone ive got about 6 or 7 to lose!!! it just creeps up on you and before you know you are classed as OBESE!!! I find it hard to excercise as I am overweight so hoping a little boost on these tablets will help!!!

try quorn mince if you can with spag bol? its got a slightly different texture but hardly any fat in it at all - and you can cook it from frozen!!!

H x

• Posted

With you all the way on the quorn mince - it's brilliant :D as a 'reformed' veggie (!) lol - i can recommend most quorn products :wink:

Stripeycat xxx

• Posted

Oh i would have quorn but housemate hates it! Having said that i have quorn meat-free pieces for casseroles and curries and its lovely!

C x

• Posted

ha ha tell ur housemate to cook for emselves!! he he!!!

quorn mince is great try making some small meals i.e chilli shepherds pie spag bol etc and freeze it (do this with fresh quorn not the pre frozen stuff) then all you gota do is defrost and cook and you got a ready meal for one lol

going to my mother in laws for tea tonight - not sure whats on the menu as not told anyone apart from my partner I am on these tablets. However did tell her I am on a VERY LOW FAT DIET. Lets see if she listens lol

• Posted

Make your spag bol with Quorn and don't tell her!!

I have a very very fussy 13yr old boy and I made mince and tatties..with Quorn..he ate the lot and never even commented.. :lol:

• Posted

Hi again HP

Well I've been on them for 4 1/2 weeks so far. Had my first weigh in last Weds and lost 4kg (8.8lb), so was over the moon about that.

What do I eat, well just a healthy low fat diet really. So I might have meusli & semi-skimmed milk, a butty with meat & salad & low fat mayo. Raspberries and v low fat yog & loads of fresh fruit to keep me going during the day. Sainsbury's do these wonderful low fat (but high sugar) maple cereal bars, so I treat myself to one of those when I get in. Then dinner could be anything from a chop & greek salad (no olive oil) to a home made curry (again, no fat) plus rice or pitta bread.

I try to make sure any prepared stuff I buy is less than 3% fat, (Jordans do a meusli that fits the bill). Also I've found that I can go to my local and have steak, mash and veggies with no ill effects smile

Hope this all helps, I have to say I've been finding it hard over the last couple of days. I went out for an amazing meal last night and decided to suspend the Orlistat for one meal. Today I'm finding it hard to stop thinking about cheese, which is my real downfall :roll: Wish me luck :lol:

Ali

• Posted

hey ali well done!

know what u mean about skipping a pill. i had a course on thursday and asked for a salad to be ordered so i didnt eat the crisps and sarnies etc and they forgot it. so rather than starve i had a few of the sarnies and missed the bill (didnt want bad experience on the drive home)

then that night when i got in the other half got a pizza. i was good with a jacket potato but cos i knew id not taken the bills i had a slice, which then became 2 sad

not good i know, then i didnt take them friday either and had more bad food. felt so guilty and i know if i take the tabs i wont eat bad stuff incase of tummy ache! so thats not going to happen again! i cant help myself, i cant have just a little bit of bad food, i dont know when to stop! so if i cannot find a happy medium i must cut it out all together!!!

so yesterday and today has been healthy healthy healthy!

• Posted

I definitely concur with everyone above - the key thibg is to avoid those fats and junk food.

I tendto eat a low fat diet now as it is easier and less unpleasant. However, before I knew a lot about the tabs I did go out for a curry - never again. i was up all night with stomach cramps and going to the loo every 20 mins.

As a veggi, quorn is one of my favourite things. It adds a bit of body (no pun intended) to veggis and seems to make the food last a bit longer in the system as it takes a little longer to digest.

As it is low cholesterol and low fat it has to be a good think (unless you are sensitive to mushrooms in which case, steer clear!)

The tablets do work. I am seeing significant weight loss and only been on em for 10 days. By my reckoning I am up to 1 st already. Will get confirmation at the docs on Thursday so here's hoping.

A bit concerned as rapid weight loss is supposed to be bad for my gallstones but I'd rather have the stone ache than the weight! At least the gallstone prob causes vomiting so helps with weight loss (not a recommended diet plan.)

Lelly xx

• Posted

hey yes i get worried about dramatic weight loss too - because people say the quicke ryou lose it the quicker you pile it back on! i know you are meant to change your lifestyle for ever not just to lose weight but it still worries me!!!

homemade curries are nicer any way lol I love chicken and chickpea curry with homemade sauce! and if you want to lose some carbs eat it with wilted spinich rather than rice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.