I this normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am perimenopause and am 50 years old. My last period was almost 6 weeks since the last one and now  its seems I may be coming on again only 2 weeks after my last one. Is this normal, not happened before?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth this is normal periods go and come turn up soon after another and with time they get further apart and still come back mine return after 8 months and stop and disappear now for 4 months so your ok
  • Posted

Hi Ruth..yes very normal. My period was all over the place for about 9 months from 10 days in between then 40 days in between then 15 days in between then they got further & further apart then stopped. Don't worry u are very normal.

• Posted

I've read that this is normal too.  I have a question.  I typically have pretty bad cramps before my period starts but then they subside once I start.  I've had that same type of cramping for the last couple weeks consistantly with bloating.  Last night I woke up in severe pain, not only cramping but the pain went from my lower right abdomin to my side into my back.  After finally taking 3 Alieve the pain was manageable and is now back to bad stomach cramps.  Has anyone else had these symptoms?

• Posted

Yes, this is normal. I didn't have a period for eight months,and then bam!, it came back for another year!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.