I thought I was doing so well

Posted , 4 users are following.

i thought I was getting better on my own. I stopped crying all the time. I was apathetic (which felt like an improvement). I started to feel a little motivated to do things. I started to sleep less (I was sleeping close to 17 hours a day) and shower more. But now I'm back but worse. I feel like all that hatred for being alive and all that sadness that I can't find enough hatred to end my life is just falling down on my head and it's giving me such a headache and it's making me feel empty but I'm crying and my chest hurts but there's a part of me that knows I'm being dramatic. There's nothing wrong with me. I can snap out of it like I was but right now it doesn't feel like I can.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

God how similar. Up and down meds rollercoaster. I was ok on Prozac 13 yrs it stopped working and now I'm losing myself. I'm happy with relationship my daughter the gym then eatn away is tht black hole xxx i know how u must feel. Xx bless yr heart xx

• Posted

Hi Sabrina, recovery is never straight forward and there will be peaks and troughs, what you looking for is a general trend. The troughs always feel worse after a spell of optimism, you will turn a corner again and start to feel better, in mean time speak to your GP and see what needs to be done meds wise if that's the road you want to take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.