Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +1 following
Guest Guest

I thought Iwas the only one!

I went to my doctor yesterday with a UTI, also my temperature was slightly up at 100^F. I was prescribed cefalexin (500mg 2 per day for 5 days). Just as other people have commented, these pills were supplied in a plain box with no instructions or info about possible side affects.

After a couple of hours of taking this drug I started to feel faint along with hot & cold sweats. In the evening I couldn't face anything to eat. I then took my temperature, it had gone up to 105^F!

However by about 10pm, 6 hours after taking 1st pill, I felt much better.

When I woke up this morning I felt fine. Then I took another dose of cefalexin!! Within an hour I was feeling completely drained and nauseous again!

Thankfully the UTI seems to have cleared up, so I'm thinking of giving up on these pills.

1 Replies

• Guest Guest

I have been prescribed them for a sinus infection which I had been experiencing dizzy spells and nausea in the morning, I am still having these symptons and was worried that the infection was still with me. But upon reading these posts that other people had had these side affects I have decided to carry on and finish the course and hope that it fades. I feel a bit better now reading these posts thanks very much

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.