I Thought this started at 50, WRONG

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just realized that I'm in Perimenopause. Not just now, but in the last couple months. Thought this started at 50, WRONG! I feel like a science project. Pills, vitamins, insomnia. I'd like to get off the ride now.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Same here I'm 42 how old are you? I'm new so not much help but your not alone x

• Posted

Why did you think 50 was when something different happened.?  We all weigh different weights when we are born. We all take our first steps at a different age. We all start our periods at different times. We have different menstrual cycles. Etc etc etc. We are all different. I dont know what age you are but I have been suffering for years and no end in sight. I am 62
    • Posted

You are so right Alison

I am 61 and 9 years post menopausal. Symptoms are no better now. And anxiety has set in the last 9 months. Just don't know when it will all end. I sometimes wish I still had a period because I could atleast have something to blame this crap on

• Posted

Me too. My periods stopped at 52, and then, my life changed for the worst. At least my periods were once a month. This is constant. Been told it could last 20 years. Eeek.!!!!!
    • Posted

I'm also 9 years post and 60 years old and still dealing with all this stuff, living with the hope that it all ends soon but not holding my breath

• Posted

I'm 44, and was under the general idea that 50 was the benchmark for all this forced reverse puberty crap. I do not like the lack of control over my own damn body or emotions. There doesn't seem to be very much to do about this, but ride it out.

• Posted

I know. It is awful. I have had a few medical and persona problems in the last few years but the continuation of these symptoms are the worst. There seems to be no end in sight
    • Posted

Yikes, you are like me. Do you have any problems with facial pressure/ear pressure and off balance ? That is really driving me crazy. Had it for years and is getting worse
    • Posted

OMG, my ears have been going fuzzy feeling just this weekend. We were driving& I looked at my husband and said do u have ear pressure right now? He looked at me like I had an extra eye!

• Posted

Yea I have had all those issues for years. They have gotten worse and the off balance thing drives me crazy. The pressure in my face and eyes send me to the moon along with the ear pressure. I think cloud cover has something to do with it. When I mention it to my husband he looks at me like I have 3 heads
    • Posted

I am the same the pressure in my sinuses is intense sometimes and I agree definately cloud cover makes it so much worse
    • Posted

thats me to lolasmom thought i was going bananas what us women have to go through aye 
    • Posted

Yes, but you probably dont want to hear this. It was discovered I had a brain tumour on my balance nerve. I thought everything was menopause. Had radiotherapy and I am doing ok but a few months later was also diagnosed with osteoperosis. So, no balance, cant afford to fall, no hearing in one ear, strange facial contractions and constant pressure. Periods were a doddle. My father had to go into hospital when I was having my treatment and he never got home. I feel so guilty I was not there for him when he needed me. But, its the hot flushes for me that are the ongoing problem. Still no end in sight after almost 10 years.
    • Posted

Oh Alison, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. It is certainly sad for you to feel how guilty you feel about your Dad. I lost my Dad when I was 19, both of my sisters and my Mom in 2009. I was not able to see my one sister in the hospital either, and I stil after 13 years feel likeit did not happen. I was very close to her, and very hard to this day.

You do know that your Dad knew you were with him even though not pyhsically. 

I work in a funeral home and that seems to oddly help me.

I had an MRI and Catscan 2 years ago and nothing showed up. This has been a problem for you for many years but just seems to be worse in the last year. I also had balance test,ENG, and allergy testing done.

When you have the hot flashes, do you have a precursor prior to the flash.? I know that the flash is coming as I get a quick dizzy thing, my stomach feels yucky and then the flash. Atleast I know it's comiing  

Are you in the States?

I did have an MRI and catscan 2 years ago and nothing showed up. 

• Posted

You have had it tuff too. I am in the UK. Just before it starts my heart races and I feel dizzy and sick. Then the sweat pours out. As it settles, it feels like insects running over my hands. Weird. I also hear voices, but this could be related to my blood pressure rising. Like a radio in another room. Thanks for your kind words.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.