I Thought this started at 50, WRONG

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just realized that I'm in Perimenopause. Not just now, but in the last couple months. Thought this started at 50, WRONG! I feel like a science project. Pills, vitamins, insomnia. I'd like to get off the ride now.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 42 and have been going through some crazy symptoms since my late thirties so I was completely thrown for a loop when it was suggested I was in pre menopause .... Never dreamed all the symptoms could be blamed on hormones! Not fun but helps to know others are feeling the same . Coupled with my history of anxiety, it's an absolute nightmare at times. No set age when it begins nor when it ends. The perimenopause can last a couple years up to fifteen or so I hear! 😡

• Posted

I started at 44. Now 9 years later.......I'm still going through it. Some start earlier; some start later. Average age is 51, but we're all different. Hang in there.

• Posted

Ugh I am 48 and this all started about 6 months ago. I'll be 49 on Wed

I have no idea how much longer I have to be on this ride but I want off NOWsad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.