I took Terbinafine and now I have muscle and shoulder pain.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I stopped taken the terbinafine medication for toe nail fungus about 3 weeks ago but I still feel horrible ....I feel older than what I am 43yrs old. I have muscle inflammation and shoulder pain. I did have neck inflammation but it's gone since I got a shot from urgent care when I went in cuz I was in so much pain. Then i saw my doctor but he only gave me pain killers. At night sometimes it's hard to sleep. If I move my arm like if I'm going to swing it hurts very bad...I feel so fragile and not having so motivation. I got some Curamin from the Natural store. Can someone help me in advice...am i going to stay like like this for the rest of my life. Is it Rheumatoid arthritis? Thankyou

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

SylZavala

I took this med about 4 years ago.  My experience with it was that it started by changing my tastebuds and eventually most foods lost their flavor, and I lost my desire to eat.  I was on it about 3 1/2 weeks when I went off of it.  It took a few weeks before I finally regained my appetite.  

I’ve heard of others losing their taste for food and their desire to eat after taking Terbinafine but I’ve never heard of the kind of pain your experiencing.  I’m thinking that like those of us who lost our appetites, your pain will begin to subside after being off this.  It’s difficult to know how long your pain will take to subside, but I’m hoping it will  go away totally .   

Doctors still try to make me take this med for a toenail fungus that  I’ve had for a long while, but after my negative experience with Terbinafine I refuse to ever take it again.  My husband, however, has taken Terbinafine with no negative reaction.  

Good luck to you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.