I've been dealing with this for 5 years!

Posted , 7 users are following.

So when I was pregnant in 2010, I was told I had contracted an STD from my ex. I got treated for that, then re-tested. It was gone. Fast forward to a year later, my child was born and I went in for yellow discharge concerns. My gyno looked at it under a microscope and said it was BV, prescribed me some pills. That was that. It didn't go away. But the discharge is the only symptom, and it's hardly there at all. It has a slightly fishy/gross scent to it, but only when I bring it up close to my nose. It goes away for a few days after my period ends, then comes right back.

I recently got tested for everything again, because I was entering into a new relationship and wanted to make sure I was clean. Neg for Chlamydia, Gon, trich, HIV, Syphillis. But I wasn't tested for BV. I asked my gyno about it and she wasn't concerned at all. In fact, she said it might just be what my normal discharge looks like. Since it hasn't ever itched or caused any discomfort. It's never green, it's either whitish yellow, or full on yellow. I don't have the best diet...okay it's a terrible diet. I don't exercise, I eat a lot of sugary foods and drink a lot of soda. Could that be what's messing with my body? Is there anything I can do at home to get rid of the discharge without having to see my gyno again?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vivxi, probiotics are a good place to start if you haven't done so already, to try to re-establish some balance. It took 2 months of taking probiotics with bacteria strains that help keep the vaginal mucosa healthy. Try to find good quality probiotics. The one I took was a liquid with 10 billion cfu's containing the following bacteria strains: lactobacillus rhamnosus, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus plantarum, e. Faecium. Eating more vegetables will also help to maintain the good bacteria in your body. Reducing processed foods such as sugar and cakes etc. It's all stuff we know but is hard to really accept. I know because I was reluctant to give up the junk. Eventually I had no choice as I got so sick I became housebound with my condition and I no longer can tolerate ANY junk food. After almost 2 years in this predicament I am very slowly getting better and I have changed the way I view food and the human body. We were never designed to eat rubbish, and so if we feed it that, we can only expect to become sick at some point. I'm only 36 and this dtarted 2 years ago, but the bv started about 10 years ago. All the antibiotics were causing a yeast/candida overgrowth which led to a digestive disorder which affects my breathing. I don't want to scare anyone, I am trying to reverse my condition, but it is much more difficult to do this once you get it, so I urge you all to educate yourselves on good nutrition - I have some great recommendations on websites that you can start reading if u are interested. The quick fixes may work but for how long?? There is a reason you got sick in the first place. Nutrition is the foundation of health. Good luck
    • Posted

Sorry I meant to say that it took 2 months to get rid of bv symptoms
  • Posted

You definely should get your diet and exercise in check cause that alone can cause tons of other probems. Boric acid is not only a quick fix it is what was used before all of these pills and creams and it works.  Try it and then use the probiotics to maintain the good bacteria in your body. I tried it all you name it I did it.

• Posted

You definely should get your diet and exercise in check cause that alone can cause tons of other probems. Boric acid is not only a quick fix it is what was used before all of these pills and creams and it works.  Try it and then use the probiotics to maintain the good bacteria in your body. I tried it all you name it I did it.

• Posted

I delt with this for years. Two thing have change that have help. I have found out the many women who suffer with this have a a cooper iud. If you have this change your birth controll. Another dont take baths . As soon as took this out 3 months no more bv nor yeast infection.
  • Posted

Your situation sounds just like what ai went through for many years, every month I got bv after my cycle. I would always go to the dr get treated and it would return. It was the worst feeling, until one day I read about femdophilus. A young lady posted how this stopped her bv. I tried it and it works!!! It's a probiotic taken daily I take 2 pills a day. When I only took 1 I got bv again so instead of giving up I tried taking 2. Trust me you will be so happy you tried this!

Hope this will help

• Posted

i have been struggling with the same thing for the past year and some change.. ive been out of school and out on my own for about 5 years and and prolly cooked at home maybe 3 times... talk about a bad diet. But after struggling with what i think is BV for over a year i was in the dollar store just 2-3 days ago just passing time picking up some conditioner and what not and i seen these 1000 mg vitamin c pills WITH rosehips.. the night i took one the smell was completely gone!! after over a year struggling with this and simple vitamin c pill does the trick just like that? i couldnt believe it either. since we dont have a good eating diet then vitamin c is very essential and i take one 1000 mg pill twice a day. like i said i was at the dollar store and this thing ive been dealing with forever clears up just like that after spending so much money on things that never worked i spent a dollar and boosted my self confidence. highly reccommend trying this out. Worked for me and i want others to feel the same comfortable feeling that i feel again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.