I've been depressed and anxious all day for months feel sick all day sleep mostly.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know the main cause of my anxiety and not much i can do about it(Sensitive subject)Dont want to be judged just got to deal with it.I have a lovely partner we are seperated tho because of my mental health.Also two kids who need me.Have zero appetite cant eat usually big man into my gym etc.Dr prescribed me mirtazapine scared to take it as anti depressants dont agree with me just want nausea to go away and get my appetite back this is a recurring problem.I cant take it no more.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Whilst I would always advise against Mirtazapine it does make you hungry and put on weight

• Posted

Hello Lee,

Mirtazipane is one of the better tolerated antidepressants. Most common side effects are drowsiness, strange dreams, dry mouth and increased appetite. I've never experienced nausea on it. There are other effects but i find it lot less taxing than some of the SSRI's prescribed. 15mg and smaller if you half the tablet etc is normally prescribed for insomnia and the more activating doseage of 30-45mg is usually for depression. However, i've heard people get better from depression on just 15mg. The best thing for me is that it is sedating so if you take it before bed you are almost guaranteed sleep unless you are one of the unlucky ones. Make sure you talk to your GP and have some support to lean on. I wish you all the best and hope you have a speedy recovery.

• Posted

i was like could not eat or sleep. did not want to be here. mirtazapine saved my life. it got me eating, sleeping and feeling in a better mood within days. so please give it a go. What's worse? feeling like u do without this med or giving it ago as it probably will make u feel better. Nothing ventured nothing gained! I know which i would choose. Sleeping better in itself makes u feel good,. please give it a shot, uf

• Posted

once your anxiety calms down your appetite will return. anxiety makes your body go into danger mode as if being attacked and appetite is the first thing to be affected. mirtrazapine calms you down within days. Its one of the faster acting antidepressants. Please try it and get a good doctor or mental health professional onboard for support.

• Posted

I tend to agree with the previous posts, I could have disappeared from everyone and everything 6 months ago, gp prescribed mirtazapine 15mgs, sleeping and eating well which in itself is a medicine.

I still have moments of anxiety but I find I can control the way I deal with it now as I am more relaxed.

Such a horrible illness, if you have a good relationship with your GP then your half way there. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.