I've been depressed for 3 weeks, please help me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been depressed for about 3 weeks now. 

I tried talking to my parents about this but my mom said that I was stressed because my final exams are in 2 weeks.

When I sleep it takes me at least 2 hours to sleep. This is been going on for an year now. Sometimes at night I feel someone is in my room which freaks me out. Even if I have a good day and i dont think about something scary I can't sleep. I really can't concentrate on my studies. Whenever I open my books I cannot focus on it. That's not it. I feel bad almost everyday. I feel like I cannot accompalish anything. I feel like I will just have rejections in my life.  I have many friends I talk to them but still can't feel better. 

Please help me. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello. It sounds like you suffer from anxiety. I also do. It can convince you that something is wrong or scary. There is help. You need to contact a doctor and counsellor to get back on track,
    • Posted

Visiting councellor would not be possible right now because firstly I have to tell my Parents about this and make them understand that I suffer from anxiety. 

Thank you for your help smile

• Posted

Hello Eva

Personally I do not feel medications would help you this close to your Examinations.

When I was studying I would get the same feeling as your Anxiety, I become unintrested in my subjects and my Examinations. I suffered Anxiety, fear and confusion the more I researched the worse I felt and I would site at my desk in my bedroom looking at my books and it seemed nothing was going in. I tried all ways to study and I was really stuck.

One thing that did help was to have a day off at the weekend and go out with friends or any other activities you enjoy.

Study in bites, of say one hour, then rest for 15mins and study again for another hour then another 15 mins rest and move on through your studies in a more relaxed way.

BOB

• Posted

Thank you so much for your suggestions but I have tried doing this. It still didn't helped me. I mean sometimes for studies but not the sleep. And as I couldn't get much sleep I feel tired all the day which then stops me from studying with focus.

Thank you anyways for your reply :D 

• Posted

Eva

If you are having problems with your sleep paterns, this can be caused if you are not following reguar times especially if you are studying late on through the night. If we suffer anxiety this can affect regular sleep paterns so try and return to what you know works.

Studies become counterproductive if we start burning candels both ends.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.