I’ve been depressed for a week straight. What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone, so the past year i was diagnosed with MDD and i was prescribed zoloft 100 mg. until today i have been perfect but this past week ive been so depressed again and with that feeling of holpeness like this is never going to get better... fear and doubt but most of all anxiety. please help!!

what should i do??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Two things come to mind that may help you.

1. I find that sleeping helps, I'm not talking about bed time, it's called a forced sleep.
    2. Meditating takes you out of your depression and puts you into a state of nothingness.

Try them and let me know how you got on.

John

• Posted

Distract yourself as much as possible. I was once prescribed 150 mg Zoloft and while I've had no recollection of the time my mom reminds me that I was in a zombie-like state. Maybe try a different medication? Try prayer or enlightenment; you never know what could work. Don't let the thoughts get to you, just know it's NOT you.

• Posted

i went to the doctor for mild depression but severe anxiety at first, (health anxiety) and constant waves of panic attacks NOT NICE!, he gave me 'anti anxiety' tablets which were sertraline 50mg,

the first week was absoloutly horrendous.HORRID they sent me spiralling into depression,i physically couldnt eat anything, i could barely reach out for a drink on my bedside, i was curled up in a ball in bed in the dark for 2 weeks. all i could do was pray this depressive feeling in my head went away FAST

I felt as though i couldnt be left alone as i would get into a panic , they made me feel like i was totally losing my mind, i didnt eat for 4 days straight

i had the normal side effects of starting antidepressants .. loose stool, headaches, bad dizzy spells and pain between the eyes, zero apetite ) and crazy crazy isomnia which i still have, (2 -3 hours sleep a night)

all the latter side effects i can deal with if it meant i would never have to feel that disgusting draining, im going crazy kill me now feeling in my brain)

i went back to a different doctor and explained these tablets gave me severe depression which she agreed but insisted i stick with them for a little longer so VERY RELUCTANTLY i did

it was day 14 that i felt things change, still dizzy, headache and loose stool but my head started to feel clearer, i slowly felt i was getting better, , im on day 20 now and my mood is improving and panick attacks have calmed down, i still get dizzy spells but im getting back to my old self, i can now speak to people again

i went to see a private psychiatrist who is much more trained in mental health than a GP ( cost me a a fortune) to speak about this medicine as the doctors on the nhs seem to have conflicting views on it (not there skilled profession)

he said sertraline is one of the best anti depressants available and i done the right thing to stick it out for the first 2 weeks even though they were so bad

MORAL OF THE STORY - PLEASE GIVE SERTRALINE A CHANCE TO WORK - at least 3 weeks,

my psychiatrist (works in a top private hospital in london) said not to listen to too many of the bad reviews as he believes most of them

will be from people who didnt stick it out past the first couple of weeks and didnt allow the drug to work,

if this helps at least one person fighting mental health as i am ill be a satisfied man

from peter parker

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.