I've been depressed for years undiagnosed, someone please help me!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have also been self harming for almost an year which gives me immense pleasure.I work away from home where the only known person is my friend who is thinking am faking.....

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am in my 30s and never understood cutters until last month when I suddenly had this overwhelming urge to cut myself (for the first time in my life)

When you get the urge to cut and you just sit awhile for a long while and try and let the feeling pass. Maybe each time the urge happens try and wait longer and longer (hopefully you wont want to cut) but try and ultimately wean yourself from cutting.

Are you on medication?  Go to a doctor and see what he says

• Posted

Hi, I am not on medication but will start from december mostly. The urge to cut keeps rising and if i do it after postponement, the cuts are neceassarily turning out to get deeper than usual. Have you come out of this habit?
  • Posted

Hello, navin70570!! I saw your post and as I don't usually take part in these discussions, I was however touched by your sincere honesty of reaching out. I applaude u for your courage a frankness my friend. I don't write to very often , but like I said I think I may be able to hopefully give u some hope for you to encourage u to continue to seek help. And please believe me that u will receive what u need. I am not trying to give u an impression that I am a know it all for your situation but I am on medication for depression myself. Depression they say is a desease and I think they are purty accurate. I do know there have been one time in my life that I took a cigarette and burned my right hand with the cherry on the CIG. several times because I thought no one really cared about me as a valuable, uniquely created person with strengths, assets, gifts, and talents that are uniquely given to u and u alone. After my self destructive experience I came to believe that maybe I should seek some help #one, medically and find a support system that works for me. And I found that help through my higher power whom I have come to know as my savior Jesus Christ. There is meds, that will help u immensely. You and your doctor just have to find what helps for u. For me its been prozac. But everyone is different. The technology we have medically with your doctor can determine what chemicals your body is depleted of and help u by prescribing something that can benefit u. My hope is to be able to use my experience to give u hope that there is help for u personally. I count it a privaledge & honor to be able to share my story to hopefully encourage u Gavin. God bless u. Sincerely, James. I would put my # too, but we are not just a # , but a valuable human being.

• Posted

Hello james, First of all i would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words. I will surely consult a doctor who could help me. By the way this is the first time i have approached online forums for my issues and am very much pleased with your reply. I am planning to get back to my home by the year end and have decided to go on with medications. Thank you so much for providing the much needed words. Hope this will help me.
    • Posted

Hello Navin

Fully endorse all James says above. I too am still on medication to help my body chemistry - that's all it is. But it's not a cure - though James has given you other clear pointers that will make all the difference.

Very pleased for you that you've make a definite decision. Keep going, one day at a time.

• Posted

It is very important that your GP knows your actions.

When you are next at home talk to your GP He will arrange some help

BOB

• Posted

Hi Navin - sorry to read of you trouble. The first thing to do is to get to a doctor and explain in all honesty what is going on. He/She will decide what steps would be beneficial for you and your situation, including a referral to a psychiatrist and/or a psychologist where you can express your situation freely and where coping skills will be explored. Self harm is exercised in many ways including addiction and self sabotage. The important thing is that you take action to address the problem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.