I've been diagnosed with GAD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys, I'm Courtney and I'm 17 years old, I have a problem which I can't seem to shift. 

I have been to the doctors numerous times, had an ECG, heart trace, and eyes tested, i had a full blown panick attack 2 months ago and ever since I've been thinking there is something wrong with me, it has been a build up as a family member of mine had passed away. I've been getting scary thoughts as if I'm going to die in my sleep or my heart is going to stop, which makes me not want to sleep at all. My counsellor had told me that when you have anxiety everything is in HD, which explained the extreme sensitivity to light. Here are some of the symptoms I've had

Extreme headaches

Tiredness 

Chest pains 

Heart palpitations

Pains in back and neck (which are very bad)

Pains in back of head (which make me feel like I have a brain tumor) 

Pressure in head 

Pressure and pain in ears

Sore stomach 

Dull pain in throat 

Nose is sore 

Sadness

Anger 

Feeling tense all the time

Nervous twitch 

I shake my leg as it makes me feel as if I am okay, 

I was put on propranalol 80mg when I first got diagnosed which I didn't like because the side effects where making my anxiety worse, then I was put on a lower dose 10mg 3 times a day, the same outcome.. I think these have made my palpitations worse. I'm so scared. It has stopped me from going to school, work, I can't even drink or do things I used to do, it has completely changed me as a person, I would just like to ask if these are symptoms of anxiety and nothing is wrong with me? Thank you so much. 

Courtney xox

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to say but its all from health anxiety which I have also.. You need to be on meds or some therapy.. Its a scary thing to deal with but you will get thru it.. Do breathing exercises, meditation, read books.. Stay of the internet looking for symptoms this makes it worse. Hope this helps.. ❌❌❌
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hang in there girl, I was diagnosed with GAD as well and have all your same symptoms as well , cognitive therepy has been helping me so much, think positive thoughts and praying (getting in touch with god again and returning to church has been helping -he will never let you down!) be well
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up