I've been diagnosed with ptsd/anxiety and was prescribed mirtanzipine 15mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Starting taking this 5/15 I've been taking it around 10:30 at night and waking up around 12:30-1pm the next day still feeling like I want to sleep. I was prescribed by doctor because of my ptsd. I fear to go out of the house. I also fear that I will end up throwing up as I did prior to taking this medicine. I know I'm only on my 3rd day but will these extreme sleeping patterns and extreme anxiety of going out go away?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was like this for months on mirtazipine, sleeping like 12 hours a night. When the dosage goes up it does reduce.
  • Posted

Hi Sheron,

Mirtazapine is sedating, maybe you can take it earlier in the evening - around 7 or so and see if that helps. Sometimes you have to experiment with the medication and time it's taken.  Of course you probably don't want to sleep the next day away.  I hope that the Mirtazapine works well for you.

Karin

• Posted

Hi Sheron,Yes I started out like that as well.I didn't sleep as long but I was sleepy.It will get better as your body adjusts to it.God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.