I've been given 10mg citalopram but to scared to take

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm 22 years of age I have a 2 year old son I just want my life back, I had my first panic attack few months ago didn't think anything of it but then I started having continuous attacks a week after so I went to see my doctor and they said I could have anxiety or depression so the gave me propranolol 40mg which they told me to take it a panic came which I did but didn't help I had blurred vision side effects so I went back to doctor an they gave me citalopram I'm to scared to take due to side effects, the side effects I don't want his hightened anxiety or suicidal thoughts I want my life back Christmas is around the corner, at this present time I've never had Suicidal thoughts I just want reinsurance I've heard a lot of positive and less negative

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Can't say many people have had suicidal thoughts, but unfortunetly hightened anxiety can happen. I have been on 20mg for almost 2 months and I see my doctor this week, because I want to be reduced to 10mg, because I find this dose too strong for mild anxiety while I am in school. No sleep, little appetite and the mornings aren't pleasant with little to no sleep. It took away any panic attacks, but it is just too hard on my stomach. Try it and keep in touch with your doctor.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had doctor appointment today I couldn't leave the house for that I just attempted to leave house then to post letter to difficult for me, what is hightened anxiety thanks for the reply x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You just feel more on edge and your mind races, etc. Keep yourself busy and think of things you're looking forward to and it will help a lot. It is worth seeing if they will work.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Take the citalopram, i have been on it for the last 3 months and it does work, although it takes 3 weeks for you to notice a change what are you going to loose to try it.

Start taking it, i take mine at night as it makes me sleepy with the other medications i take it is easier for me.

take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Levi, Been there! And it totally sucks! Good news though there is help available!

10mg is what I am on currently and life is peachy there was a dark period though before I found this site and the helpful folks on it! definately take the serotonin meds to level things back to normal wink 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,😀

I have been on Citalopram 10mg for about a year now, it doesn't make me tired or anything. I have found it just relaxes me no bad side effects at all.

Hope you will be feeling a lot stronger soon take care.X😉

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I forgot to mention in my other post, I also take it at. night like some. I take it almost right before I lay down, like half an hour to an hour before I want to sleep. I didn't have nausea but this is how you can avoid it.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I will take my first dose tonight then cause I can't take through the day I got 2 year old boy to look after can't be feeling spaced out hate that feeling thanks for the response

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Levi,

I would recommend trying the medication. Although there are side effects not everyone is effected the same. I have read horror stories but my side effects were minimal. Yawning, tired during the day and unable to sleep at night. Other than that I didn't have the side effects.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up