I've been having panic attacks for 3 weeks straight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im Iris im 15 years old(if that helps) but i've been having panic attacks non stop since may 18. it all started from smoking weed which gave me a panic attack (yes i know i did a mistake dont be rude about it please) & everyday i wake up in the morning feeling like complete trash and sad. i have heart palpitations, bad chest pain, and dizziness. every single day. i told my mom about it but she says its all in my head and that im not doing "anything to cope with it" but in fact im trying everything thats possible. please help does anyone have any coping techniques? and ive been scared about my heart and my health ive developed social anxiety even with my own parents i get anxious! ive always been a outgoing person and i feel scared for future events sad ive cried every single day i just i dont know what to do at this point. i hope im not alone

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What type of weed did you smoke?

That happened to me when I was 14, but it went away later on that night. I am now 28.

It's until recently, about 2 months ago that I got a panic attack, and since then it's been off and on anxiety.

I think you just had a bad reaction to the weed, and your brain triggered to feel anxious. Did you let your parents know that you smoked??

• Posted

honestly i have no idea what weed i smoked i just got whatever was on hand but yeah i think you're right thats what people have told me and yes i had to tell my parents because the feeling was really bad sad but im glad that it went away over the night cause mine lasted a whole weekend
    • Posted

That's good you told your parents.

Weed can definitely due some weird things to your brain, but just give it time. The only reason you cry is because you don't know what's happening to you, and that's okay. Try to concentrate on relaxing yourself, you'll get better at it with time. If you pray, please pray.

You can Im, me if you would like.

• Posted

thank you so much! smile helps alot honestly when someone just comforts me that i don't even know but i hope you're getting well !
    • Posted

It's a process, but we'll get there.

Stay praying,😊😊

• Posted

I had the same experience when I was 18 (Now Im 32) I just tried to smoke weed once when were out on a camping, when I got home i started to feel shortness of breath which i think was asthma. Had to go to the ER and i was nebulized. It helped but starting there i constantly feel anxious, had develop on and off phobia (death, health). I always think of the worst things that could happen. Done some readings and found out it was a sign of anxiety. In the last 3weeks ive been pre occupied with a stitch like pain in my right abdomen but only triggered when i walk but it doesnt last long( 3 to 5 seconds). Blood test and kidney ultrasound was normal. I am now thinking it was colon related or something and been very anxious with my BM. There were times that the stitch pain is gone but if I become aware of it it returns. Been like this for over a month and been thinking a lot of things made me more anxious. I cant focus on my Job. Can anxiety be triggered with stress or is the pain triggered by stress? How can I cope with this. Somebody i need help. Thanks
    • Posted

i feel the same way dude. im on summer break but i cant even go out and be with my own friends because im scared of just fainting in front of them and stuff but i think its also caused by stressed too because on the last few days of school i was fine untill i started stressing out over finals and i smoked and my chest hurt sooooo bad and then thats when the panick attacks began. i hope you get through this! have you talked to any therapist?
    • Posted

Your stress may trigger anxiety and anxiety may trigger pain. But it seems like you kind of answered your own questions. You can try to see a therapist or psychologist, they may give you some advice as to what may be happening.
    • Posted

No not yet. I'm trying to think positive and been reading Bible too. I think peace of mind is really the answer. You just have to relax your mind and think that everything is fine. Its only your mind that creates all this stuff. Youll be fine, it will pass. Just dont read to much information so your brain wont process and create worry thoughts. Ill include you in my Prayer. Godbless.
    • Posted

Yes there are good verses in the bible that will definitely help us!!

I will pray for us.

• Posted

Hello, Iris,

First of all, honey, nobody here will be disrespectful or rude to you for smoking weed.

I'm thinking that your anxiety has been triggered by you smoking it, though, because it's well-known that weed can cause paranoia in some people.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. You are definiely not alone because this happens to a lot of people for all kinds of reasons. And we on this forum will do our best to help you.

My own daughter had exactly the same thing as you, except she was 18 when it started.I'm happy to tell you that she got better, although it took a long time.

Please will you go to your doctor and explain how you feel. You can get help, medication and therapy.

Please also stay on this forum and let us know how you're doing. We understand - we would like to help and we would like you to feel better.

If you want to PM me, please do. Love from Tess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.