I've been having severe anxiety the past few days. What can I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone! 

I am new here and this is my first post. With all of the shootings and attacks around the world i am terrifyed that when i leave the house i will be attacked. I currently live in Canada and i am living with constant fear and my anxiety telling me something bad will for sure happen to me. I try and keep telling myself it is just my anxiety talking but it doesnt work . Also, i find myself on google alot which is not helping at all. 

Does  anyone have any advice for me? smile

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have some advice!

Stop googling things.

And remember that you're more likely to be murdered by a family member than be the victim of a terrorist attack. Statistics!.

Please talk to your doctor, so that you can get some help. Love Tess

• Posted

Hello Tess!

Thank you for the reply. I am trying my hardest to stop googling. Instead I am goggling ways to cope with aneixty which is how I found this site! Hopefully it will help!

Thanks again!

Michelle

• Posted

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh so you're still googling!!!!!!!!!!!!

What on earth do you think mace spray will do in the extremely unlikely event that you're part of a terrorist attack????????

Concentrate on reality, please. Do you think that if anyone in the Twin Towers had mace spray on them when 9/11 happened, the Towers wouldn't have crumbled????????

• Posted

I know mace would be useless I would never carry it on me. I was just saying that pepper spray is illegal here so that is all we have here is mace. But your right that if something were to happen the pepper spray/mace would be useless and harm innocent people.
  • Posted

If pepper spray is legal you may want to get some. Keep your affairsin order. Dont have unfinished business
    • Posted

Pepper spray is illegal in Canada. I think all we have is bear mace
    • Posted

You probably arent allowed to use bear mace on human beings. But if you live with normal caution you shouldn't need it.
    • Posted

Yea I don't think I could use bear mace on humans nor would I want too. I am going to try my best to not to limit myself only to my home and go out but be cautious.
  • Posted

I am the same way. Anywhere I go I look for exits right away and I'm always watching my back. It's scary just going out to eat or running to Walmart. I feel like I'm not safe no mater where I go! But I can't stay at home every time my family goes out or we have something to do so I literally go and look around the whole time and rush and hurry and try to hide that I'm having a melt down inside
    • Posted

I am the same way. When I go to restaurants and movies I look for the closest exit. Hopefully we can get through it and not be scared to go out!
  • Posted

Canada is safer than the Usa and has a good defence minister. So I should not worry and try to live a normal life because you  cannot predict when a death will occur. Especially yours or anyone else's for that matter.
    • Posted

Thank you Richard. I am trying my best to live a normal life I am trying to go out more and more and not just stay home.
  • Posted

Farb gel is a visible and invisible dye you spray on criminals so they can be identified but most methods of stopping criminals have to be justified and accountable
    • Posted

On the 7th July 2007 there were terrorist attacks in London. The people targeted were on underground trains and some were on a bus.

There were many fatalities - including the 4 suicide bombers.

How, in the name of sanity, could farb gel or mace spray have made any difference in thatg situation?

• Posted

It might only prevent their escape with a target on them.sometimes one can only look out for the next victim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.