I've been losing a lot of hair! I'm only a 16 guy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! I'm a 16 years old boy and I've been losing a lot of hair the past two years. I've been through things such as crash dieting, anorexia and emotional trauma. There are no signs of androgenic hair loss in my family, but I'm not totally closed to that possibility. I'll add some pictures. I would like to get your opinion.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It doesn’t look like alopecia. It does look thin though. You said yourself you’ve dealt with three things that can all cause hair loss. Concentrate on good nutrition and get help for the trauma so you can better deal with things. Be kind to yourself, you get one body. 

XO

• Posted

Thank you very much Suzanne! You gave me the support I desperately needed. I will look for supplements soon.
  • Posted

Hi Gemini,

I saw your pics, It doesn’t seem to be alopecia.  Hair loss can be caused by a number of factors, including certain medications and chemotherapy, genetics, rapid weight loss, chronic stress, severe dandruff, hormonal imbalances.You are aiming at having healthy-looking, strong hair, be sure to eat plenty of foods rich in B,C vitamins and Protein Enriched Diet.

• Posted

Thanks jeffmarsh, I've cut my hair a few weeks ago, and I've noticed more loss.. I'll send pics

• Posted

Hi, Gemini. I saw your pics, I noticed your hair loss become increased from the last time. I suggest you to take consultation from best dermatologist. They will examine you in a better way and find out the best results to overcome the hair loss problems. cry 
    • Posted

How are you doing now? any update? have you seen a dermatologist or have started some supplements, or have you seen any regrowth yet?
    • Posted

Hi! I've been taking supplements since February and I feel like it stop the loss. I feel much better now. I'm applying rosemary and peppermint essential oils since 4 weeks, and 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm dermaroller. I can see a lot of fine and weak hair growing. It is definitely working! Still, my hair loss wasn't from androgenic alopecia, it was from anorexia . I was 15 y.o. back in time; I needed a lot of nutrients to grow up. I was almost never eating protein , iron, zinc, etc..

Do you have some kind of alopecia ? I would be glad to help you.

• Posted

Good to hear you managed to halt it, it progressed quite fast, I can relate how it affects your state of mind when it goes that fast.

I am not quite sure why my hairloss has been speeding up to literally seeing change in my hair volume every day, so I'm going to make an appointment with the GP. I've been under a lot of stress the couple of years with insane bad sleeping habits and although I've been taking vitamin B complex, omega 3 fat acid and eating plenty of healthy food, it hasn't slowed down since 1 and a half weeks. It's scary.

Hope you'll see some improvements soon (can take months if I am right). Maybe I'll try those oils, too. Have to read up on those dermarollers.

• Posted

It happens to you in very early age. Consult with doctor and take healthy nutrition diet. Mostly it happens due to heredity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.