I've been on citalapram nearly 8 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 weeks on 10 mg 5 weeks on 20 mg and 5 days on 30 mg ! I am still very depressed and have lost a stone in weight I false myself to eat healthy 3 times a day but have restless sleep too. I have been told by GP to take Temazepam at night as this relaxes the tension in my body and nerves as I am edgy and sensitive to noise which makes me jump out of my skin... it's been a tough 8 weeks and I am off work as a result as stress at work bought this on ? Anyone else having trouble waiting for citalapram to work? I'm struggling waiting

Trish

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi you are literally identical to me but been on 30mg for 2 weeks. I got better initially on 30mg but been absolutely exhausted. I am back at work part time but really hard. Mone was triggered by work too. I take magnesium spray at night on mybfeet weirdly or diazepan if really bad. Do you have beta blockers?
  • Posted

I had trouble waiting for it to start working as well. Called my GP two or three times wanting something different or something to add to it that would help get me out of my depression. He said no just wait and give the Citalopram time to do its job. I did start to feel some improvement at I think around the 6 week mark but it wasn't until I had taken it for about 3 months that I could really feel myself starting to come out of that dark place I was in. It has now been about 4 months for me on the Citalopram and I am finally starting to enjoy doing things I used to do again. Hopefully I'm only my way to bring myself again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.