I've been on citalopram 10mg for 3 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been in citalopram 10mg for three years Andy who I started to feel better so weened myself off but I'm just wondering if the drug is out of your system and your symptoms come back before you were on them can you start again and will the medication work again?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It doesn't take long for it to leave your body, but that's not the problem. If you stop taking it too quickly you will get withdrawal symptoms. Best spk to your GP

• Posted

I was on 10 mg four years. Quit cold turkey. Did not turn out well. I started feeling terrible about 3 weeks in and held out for 3 more weeks. I had to start them over after 6 weeks. Just make sure you wean. They aren't kidding when they say to go slow. I have learned a hard lesson.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.