I've been suffering depression and also at the same time fear of death.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since around late 2017, I've been suffering a kind of depression. Sometimes I lose my appetite, sometimes I cry and I keep thinking what is the reason to stay alive. When I look forward to the future, everything is blank, none is there. Although many people may think I am happy as I have some good background, good job with high salary and I can get anything I want. But actually is no. Although my parents seem they can support me, I have been working and studying since I was 18. When I get this job, I've been praised many times, but now I think I am not better than I was before. I keep thinking like I am lack of many things and I don't know how not to think like this. I am really scared to die, but at the same time, I keep thinking to die. Is it crazy? I am really frustrated. Please help me.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amara,

You aren’t crazy. I guess that now you’ve completed your goal of a new job, you have nothing to aim for now? That could be why you are feeling down? 

You have got the foundations of a good life. Do you want to share it with someone? 

You could go on a dating site or you could just focus on you for a bit and I’m sure that everything will fall into place. 

You could try taking up a hobby so that you have something to do out of work time to focus on? 

Also, try meeting up with friends and doing things that you enjoy. You could make a list of places you want to visit or things you want to do. If you’ve got a good job then make the most of it as you have the money to do these things so you may as well enjoy it! 

I hope you find happiness in your life. 

• Posted

Hey Amara Soe.

It's not crazy. I'm terrified of dying, my whole OCD is about being scared of death, yet I think about it daily. You seem tired of life because you don't have anything to aim for now. Is that right? Death sounds like the easiest option, I get that, but please don't act on it. Being scared of death means you got something to live for, you might not know what it is yet, but you'll find it! It will get better. You will find something new to aim for in life. Hopefully soon. 

What symptoms do you have? When did you start feeling like this? 

Good day xx

• Posted

Hello Amara Soe. After reading your email I got the impression that your life looks good. You look good on the outside: a good job, high salary, have anything you want and your parents are proud of you. But on the inside you are not happy not at all. You are living with a front up. You smile outside, inside you're sad. Am I right? What do you think about what I said? Diane

• Posted

My friend, know that success doesn't equal happiness. Do you feel like when you achieve success it should make you happy, and when it doesn't it's confusing?! When you cry and lose your appetite / don't sleep it's all depression. Your parents and everyone else think you're happy, but no. The expectation is really hard to live up to. What do you think you lack? Sometimes you need to specify, be really precise, yes? You are intelligent, you think, you can solve this! Can you go to your doctor?

All the best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.