I've been taking fluxotine for 8 months and am so tired all the time.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on fluxeotine for 8 months.  My moods are a lot better and I feel a lot happier lately though is shattered all the time.  I can't sleep at night keep waking up.  I sleep in the day when I can.  I'm 48 I take 20mg a day.  I don't want to come off them because they are helping.   Can anyone help please.  Pauline.   

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Exercise is the best treatment for tiredness.

Make sure you don't sleep in the day - keep yourself busy.

• Posted

Hi Polly... have you had your hormone levels checked lately. What you are describing sounds more like peri menopause symptoms. I am 47 and have the same thing.. it came down to hormone systems and nothing to do with the medication.
  • Posted

HI polly

I agree with the other lady on here, it def sounds like you maybe going through the peri-menopause, as your 48 it’s not to young, I started when I was 49, and I’m 53 now, the sleepless nites are part of this crap sorry..

I’m on 60mg Prozac, and have been for over 3mths, and my depression as only just fully gone, since being on the 60mg BUT sleep is really bad still, not getting to sleep till 1/2 I’m the morin and still wake up through the nite, and by 6 In the morin that’s it, can’t get back to sleep, this as been like it since I started the menopause... wen I saw my doc a few weeks ago he did say that Prozac would help with the hot flashes what u get, and must admit theve eased of some what better...

So maybe it this what’s happening to you, a blood test can confirm this, all tho Iv only just done blood test two weeks ago lol, as all the symptoms I was getting def point to menopause, and I was right the test came back that I was well in to the dreaded menopause 😩...

Don’t stop your Prozac as I think even on 20mg it may help a little with the symptoms of the peri-menopaurs, and it will keep your depression under control, but if u find your starting  to feel low again see your doc incase while your (if) going through menopause to increase Prozac as this will help.. but sorry it won’t help with the sleeping that’s part of this menopause crap...

Hope you find out if this is the problem and then you can prepare yourself for it..

Big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Thanks dawn that really helps  will make an appointment Monday.  Joys of being a woman ha ha.  Thank you 😘😘xx

• Posted

Lol bless you.. ow yes what we have to put up with in our lives, let’s hope this is the last 🤞..

Think your doing the right thing, as at least you will then know if it’s the menopause for you, and deal with it how you think best..

Keep In Touch on here and let’s us know how your going,, good luk hugs 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Polly

I am 46 and has been on prozac 20mg for 2 months. My depression has gone now but I also have sleep problems. I am taking clonazepam 0.5mg plus Amitriptyline half tablet to help my sleep.

Peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.