I've gained a lot of weight on mirtazapine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I recently decided to stop mirtazapine, as i gained about 30 lbs on it. I am curious, if anyone knows, how soon after the medication stops, do you stop feeling so hungry & start seeing any difference in weight, on the scale and/or visually. My weight is starting to really get to me. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I put weight on mainly because I'm inactive due to disability. I came off mert around two months ago last time I got weighed I had only lost 1kg it's so frustrating as I badly need to lose weight.

• Posted

I lost 9 pounds in 10 days without any chance in diet or exercise

• Posted

almost immediately after getting completely off. I started Keto/carnivore which honestly helped my depression lift within days. I also gained 30 lbs on this horrid medication. Been off 3 months now and feeling great! Never thought I would get through this journey but I did and so can you!! I have lost 15lbs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.