I've Got My Date at Long Last!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Yipee! I'm down for the 3rd April.  I emailed PALS and asked for their help, within a couple of hours they emailed me my date!  Very impressed.  Hold onto your hats, I shall now be bombarding you all with my endless questions!  Will have to wait until I calm down though, the brain has left me completely since reading the email!  rolleyes

Love

Jacqui lol

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am so pleased you ve got your date at last Jacqui.  PALS are really good at sorting things.  Get that list out and check your bag.  Big essential is the  lip balm!  Lips get really dry.  Fingers crossed all goes to plan for you now.    Claire. X
    • Posted

Hi Claire 

Many thanks.  Packing the lip balm as I type.  My lips are very prone to dryness, since the dreaded menopause, so I will make sure I have plenty.  Aren't PALS wonderful, never come cross them before.  

My bag is packed but I will check it all again just to make sure everything is right, because I didn't know about swelly belly when I packed it.  I thought I would come out with a 'flat tummy' after the bladder and bowel were put back in place!  How niave was I?  redface

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Jacqui I didn t get swelly belly.  No problem at all that way.  Remember I m your role Model so you won t get it either.  Xxsmile
    • Posted

Hi Claire

You have just made me a very happy bunny, I am just off to do a jig about the neighbourhood with Rosie. razz Thanks Claire.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui, 

Glad you have your date, just don't use the lip balm when you are on oxygen at first as it can be dangerous I was told. 

Good luck with your op, I had a full hysterectomy last June and had no regrets and a wonderful stay in Hospital, the doctors and nurses were fantastic, didn't want to come home lol 

• Posted

Hi Janet

Thanks for the warning of the lip balm, I wonder why it is dangerous with oxygen.  rolleyes

That's great that you were so pleased with your op.  I am hoping to be able to say the same thing.  Have done everything I have been told to the letter, so hopefully will soon be buzzing about for the summer.  lol

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Brilliant.  2 days after me.  We will recover together. I,got my date 9'days ago and still feel a bit shocked. Great news x
    • Posted

Hi Poppy

Thanks Poppy. Yes we can swop horror stories, especially the toilet ones,redface judging by what a lot of the other Hyster Sisters have been saying, but we will do it together!  I keep walking around grinning, oh boy but I know it will change shortly into OMG Panic button time!   He! he! everyone keeps saying I just have the date wrong - they do not operate over Easter, but I notice quite a few ladies have their dates over Easter.  I think all the hospitals are on 'catch up'.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Yes I thought that too especially with Easter being on 5th. Never mind we will soon be up and about again. I don't have lip balm so off to get that tomorrow. Oh the joys of being a woman x
    • Posted

Hi Poppy

Have you got your Oil of Pepperment drops as well?  I have just packed mine.  I can imagine getting laid quite low with the 'dreaded gas pain'.  Also  ordered some Dulcoease from Tescos with my shopping, sounds like we will need some!  Gosh I will be going into hospital with more drugs than they have!  The joys of womanhood as you say!  

Love

Jacqui razz

• Posted

Hi 

I have peppermint cordial but not drops. I must go,looking for them. I have dulcoease as I got some from doctor in past with taking so much iron. 2 weeks today and hopefully by now it will be all,over. X

• Posted

Hi Poppy

Sounds like we have everything covered now. smile You are 2 weeks and counting and I am 16 days and counting.  We are on our way to getting sorted out!  Bring it on I say (probably will not be saying that in about a week when the nerves kick in!).frown

Love 

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. My name is Lee. I called myself poppy after my dog ha ha. Didn't know if I could use my real name to sign In. Anyway yes you are right. I have felt sick all day. I keep thinking in 2 weeks it will be all over but I have gone from being excited to worried and a bit down. I think this is probably normal. Roll on this being all over. I still haven't bought any lip balm. I think this will be the longest two weeks of my life. I am glad I will have you to speak to when it's all over. We will look back on this time and laugh.......well hopefully x
    • Posted

Hi Lee, and cuddles to Poppy,

What sort is Poppy?  Sorry you have been hit by the emotions and nerves.  And yes we will look back and laugh about it, and also about the problems we encounter on the way, as long as we can laugh (it helps the healing!) we are winning.  Don't forget to put a picture in your square.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

I have poppy and Max who are Lhasa apsos. I love them to bits. I'm not sure how to put a photo in the square. If am rubbish at things like that. I feel nervous but I have managed to sleep the last two nights which has been great. Roll on the summer x
    • Posted

I managed it whoopee. Although my daughter is in the pic too. That was easier than I thought x
    • Posted

Hi Lee

Keep going to call you Poppy!  Love the picture, easy isn't it.  So much nicer when you can see a lovely face.  razz

How lovely having two Lhasa apsos.  Poppy and Max sound delightful.  Rosie said she would love to play with them. rolleyes We often think of getting Rosie a play mate, but not sure if it is the right thing to do,  she is so laid back and she is very good when Ian is having a very bad time, she just sits by him very quietly.  I would not want to upset the apple cart!  

That is great you have had two nights good sleep.  It helps you cope, and the calmer you are the quicker you heal, so my surgeon says, he! he! and I am following his instructions to the letter, a. because I am a complete coward and b. I'm hoping I will sail through everything if I have honoured and obeyed the surgeon!  

Not long now, we are on count down!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. Ha ha I would have loved to have been called poppy.  Really like that name.  Yes the countdown is on. 2 weeks from now will be the eve of your op and I will be well and truly over. Oh god I had butterflies there when I said that. I got poppy when Max was one and they are now 10 and 11 this year.  They truly are the loves of my life. Couldn't be without them......although I know I will have to be one day. I again forgot my lip balm today. And I am dreading taking off my false nails to see what is underneath. Oh and I have nail polish on my toes. Must take that off too. I feel like I am going on vacation. 

I am am off a nignt out with my pals, sister and daughter so,will catch up with you later. 

Lee x

• Posted

You know you may not have to have your nails taken off.  I ve had gels done for a few years and for my ortho surgeries they had to come off.  This time I was told it wasn t necessary and they could do reading s from my toes.  Inactual  fact they were able to do it from my fingers.  So check it out.  You just may be ok with them on. smile

• Posted

Hi Lee

Gosh amazing when you say yours will be over within 2 weeks, it brings it home how close it is.  

The hospital rang today (gave me heart failure!) they just wanted me to confirm I was going in on the 3rd before they sent my letter!  So I don't know what time yet.  What time are you due in?  

Have you got to have an injection the night before?  I am really going to try to do it myself, but hubby will be on stand by for when I chicken out!  

He! he! by the time we have taken everything off it will feel very strange!  I hate going anywhere without my makeup on, he! he! perhaps I will just put a bag over my head!

It is amazing how these dogs get into our hearts.  The place is not a home without them.  

Hope you had a lovely night out and let your hair down.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

Had a great night out. Suffered today a bit though ha ha

i have to report to ward at 7.30am so hopefully op done early in the day.  I have had no word of an Injection however. What is that for?  

Cant believe eve it's come around so soon.  Excited and anxious all at the same time. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi Lee

He! he! Glad you had an excellent night out, there is always a price to pay!  That is great you are having an early start not so long to worry about it, you might even be the first one, also means you can start recovery that day.  

Yes strange emotions, all mixed up, the poor mind does not know whether it is coming or going!  

The injection is to reduce the risk of blood clots.  The Kings Lynn Hospital like to start you on them the day before the op.  Every hospital seems to have a different view on it!  

I've started my spring cleaning, so there won't be so much for Ian to worry about.  He keeps saying about visiting me, but I have said "as long as you come and pick me up I would rather you stay with Rosie, because she is going to be very upset when I am not there". cry Also I don't want Ian driving on his own in the evening as he takes a large dose of morphine and the evening dose particularly makes him very unwell.  If I know he is safe at home with Rosie, I will be happy and won't have to worry too much!  

Oh well another day closer!  Have a lovely weekend.  Cuddles and licks from Rosie to Max and Poppy.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Yes I am glad it is in the morning. Hopefully by afternoon I will be on way to recovery. Also less time worrying although I think the night before will not be spent sleeping soundly. 

Ah that makes sense about injections.  Our hospital must be different. 

My husband is a teacher so he comes off for two weeks on the Thursday for Easter break. Not that it will be much of s break for him. I am the same regarding visiting in hospital. I would be happier if he stays at home with Max and poppy as they will be wondering where I am. 

I I know what you mean about spring cleaning.  I am going about the house tidying and cleaning. It's like nesting again. It's strange how the mind works isnt it. I'm going to try and enjoy this weekend as have funny feeling next weekend won't be so relaxing. 

Last full week at work coming up............ Oh scary. 

Have a good weekend. Max and poppy say woof to Rosie xx

lee x

• Posted

Hi Lee

We think the same don't we, our babies have to be put at ease, because they will hate it without their Mums!  

Your husband is going to have quite  a working holiday.  I do feel sorry for the men they don't know what they are in for.  Good job they love us! 

You are right next weekend we could be hanging from the ceiling, so we need to have some fun this weekend, then get our nesting done and then we can freak out as much as we like!  

Is your work okay about time off?  I notice some of the other ladies have been given a bit of a hard time, trouble is it is not set in stone how we recover, everyone is different, it is definitely untried waters!  

Rosie says to tell Max and Poppy she is looking her best (just come from the groomers, she does look the 'bees knees!') just for them!  Oh she is such a flirt! razz

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

i am only happy if I know my doggies are happy. They mean the world to us both.  My daughter gets jealous sometimes ha ha.  She is a big baby and she is 25 this year.  

My my work have been great. I took ill feb 2014 and was off work for 5 weeks due to being anaemic. I was in hospital for 3 days. I the. Had another two weeks off in May and again signed off on 5th dec due to low energy levels.  I went back to work part time on 19th jan and have been working only up to lunchtime 3 days per week.  Although I have been in every day his week as I am feeling fitter.  They could not have been anymore understanding. It's such a relief. And they have said to take as much time as I need after my op. Although in saying that I had not been off in the 4 years previous to become anaemic so it's not usual for me to be off.  Do you work?

ahhh I can imagine Rosie is looking lovely.  Poppy grooms herself like a pussy cat and Max just likes being a big stinky thing ha ha.  Typical men and women. 

Take care

lee x

• Posted

Hi Lee

Fantastic that your work have been so good, it certainly helps with the stress levels.  

I love it that your daughter gets jealous over the doggies, he! he! just one big family.  

I retired at 60, but since then I have been Ian's 24/7 carer so in effect that is now my job, giving him the best care.  Some people in my block, at our retirement complex think I am being very selfish having the op when Ian is so ill, but my anwser is that I want to be the best possible carer I can to Ian and that entails me being fit to do the job.  No point in me not looking after my health so both of us are laid up.  I think it is worth the 3 months (less if possible) total disruption so that as Ian gradually declines I will be fighting fit to deal with it!  

I got my letter today, I have to be in at 7.30 a.m. for a morning operation, fingers crossed that I am the first one, still as long as I get done in the morning, that will do for me.  The nerves don't last all day, I turn into a shivering jelly wobbling on the plate!  

Rosie is a complete 'tom boy' she loves grubbing about in the bushes and road kill ...... she can smell it a mile away, it is the only time she pulls on the lead, she is like a thing possessed! frown She always starts off on our walks totally groomed and looking the bees knees, when I bring her home a total mess, but she has enjoyed herself!  What more can I say!  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

You our are being anything but selfish. You are trying to keep yourself in the best health you can to enable you to keep on caring for him. Can I ask what is wrong with Ian?  

That can't be an easy job for you?  Especially with the problems you have been having. It will be tough at first but then you will get better and stay better so it's a win win situation all round. 

I look after my dad who has asbestosis. He was diagnosed with lung cancer 5 years ago but it turned out to be asbestosis. I am the only driver in the family so I am a bit worried about how he will manage over the next few weeks. Something always works out though doesn't it. 

Max and poppy have had 2 long walks today so they are both flat out tonight. My hubby always takes them for long walks on a sat/Sunday. They love it. 

So here we are. Another weekend nearly over. Just one more to go. 

Love lee. X

• Posted

Hi Lee

You have a lot to cope with looking after your Dad.  So sorry he has asbestosis, Things must be difficult for you at the moment.  A terrible thing asbestos, and far to late to do anything about the poor souls that worked with it.  A terrible shame.  Does your Dad suffer very much?sad

Thank you for your kind words, you have made me feel a bit better, it did sneak under my defences the bit about being selfish and I was starting to wonder!    smile

Ian has 16 ilnesses but the main ones are Total Heart Block, (Pacemaker Dependent), Stage 2 Heart Failure, Seronegative Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Very very poor memory recall, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Depression, Ankylosing Spondylitis and is in acute pain all the time, these are the disorders that give us the most trouble as they work against each other.  I don't know how he copes with the pain (the morphine only takes the slight edge off it now) I certainly couldn't! rolleyes

Sounds like Max and Poppy have had a fun time.  We have just come back from Hunstanton.  Rosie loves walking by the sea and there are lots of new doggies for her to meet.  Ian sits on the bench and watches the fun.  

He! he! scary thinking there is only one weekend left!  Still if we get a lovely Spring and Summer won't it be wonderful to recover sittng and walking in the sun.  So I think we are being sorted out at just the right time of the year!

I was going to say enjoy what time we have left, but that sounds very dramatic, but you know what I mean, until we come out on the other side!  

Love 

Jacqui lol 

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

Gee wiz Ian has a lot to cope - as do you. It sounds like you are both doing the best you can under difficult circumstances. 

My Dad suffers from shortness of breath and occasional dizziness but in the main he keeps extremely well. We are lucky we still have him. Especially after my mum dying so young. He has coped very well. 

Yes i have been thinking about how nice it will be having the summer off work. Hopefully it will be like last year and we get some nice weather.  

I have just been out for lunch with my hubby and son. I have not had a very good week but started my period today so I think that's why. I can't belive this will be my last proper period. Bliss. 

Hope you are having a nice day. 

Oh and Rosie and Ian of course

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

He! he! yes we jog along, and take each day as we find it. 

It is so good that your Dad has you after losing your Mum so early.  May I ask what was wrong?  It is horrible when you lose your Mum isn't it.  A part of you goes with them.  cry  Still at least we have our memories.  

Yes I am really looking forward to a lovely summer.  

Sorry you have had a bad week, hopefully your lunch out made up for it, and just think no more periods, won't that be fantastic!  That was the only bit of the menopause I liked.  I know we will be padded up for a while but then that is it, freedom forever!  

We have had a lovely weekend, lovely and peaceful and just enjoying each other.  

I shall get stuck into the heavy cleaning next week like moving the cooker, washing curtains etc.  Then I haven't got to worry about it for ages.  razz

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.