I've Got My Date at Long Last!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Yipee! I'm down for the 3rd April.  I emailed PALS and asked for their help, within a couple of hours they emailed me my date!  Very impressed.  Hold onto your hats, I shall now be bombarding you all with my endless questions!  Will have to wait until I calm down though, the brain has left me completely since reading the email!  rolleyes

Love

Jacqui lol

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Fantastic news, all systems go, it won't be long!! I wish you a full and speedy recovery xxx
    • Posted

Hi Luckymum

Many thanks.  I am making so many lists at the moment!   In my 7th heaven!  Hubby in shock, he was not expecting an Easter oprolleyes, still I have got him extra Easter Eggs, they will make it up to him! lol

How are things with you?  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

Glad you've got your date I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. I think I was more nervous in the weeks prior to my op so I hope they pass quickly.

Best wishes

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey

Thanks very much.  I know the nerves are going to hit me sideways when they take over, but at the moment I am walking around as though I've won the lottery.  Have been getting some very strange looks rolleyes.   I just hated it with no date but still felt like my life was on hold!  

How is your recovery going?

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

I remember being glad when I got my date and it seemed a long wait till my op but at least I didn't have to cope with cancellation. My recovery is going well a bit up and down and the difficult thing for me is not over doing it but at 5 weeks I feel much better. Good luck let us know how you get on. x

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline

My op is the same day as yours, Good Friday! I ve not packed my bag

yet, still not sure what to take. I ve got to be in the hospital for 1pm with an afternoon op. Hope yrs goes well x

• Posted

Hi Nanny to 5

Snap, we will be Easter Bunnies! lol Don't forget to pack your oil of peppermint, lip balm, something for a sore throat, no PJ's, nightie with opening at the front.  

He! he! you should see my case, it is full to the brim!  

I haven't got a time yet, the letter is on its way.  They rang today to make sure I was going to accept the place before they sent the letter, and to remind me about the injection the night before.  Are you doing your injection yourself?   I am going to attempt it myself but with hubby on stand by in case I bottle it!  I am going to really try to do it!

Hope it all goes well for you.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

I havent got to inject night before, whats thats for? I also have not got nighties with buttons at the front, is that really a must?

I ahve some peppermint tea but no dulcoeaee? does the hospital not give you something for that? Bit confused with all this

x

• Posted

All hospitals are different in their procedure.  I have had a D V T in the past but was given my first anti clotting injection in theatre and then every evening on the ward.  You will be in your operating gown the first day and night but then any nightie will suffice,  I also wore P J s while I was in.  You will need to wear knickers to hold your pad in place.  I had no wind problems at all but used Dulcoease when I came home as you re told you must not push and your bowel does go to sleep for a couple of days.  So really what I m saying is get ideas from other people but your stay and recovery will be unique to you.  I am now three , and a half weeks post op.
    • Posted

Hi clarissabelle

Thanks for your info, it's helped me understand a bit more. I hope you're doing well after your op, can't wait for me to be post op and knowing that I've gone through with the it. Did you have to inject yourself when you came home? X

• Posted

No.  Even though I ve had a clot before the consultant said it wasn t necessary as it was Gynae surgery and I would be mobile.  I m doing really well.  Get tired if I do too much but that's all and I did have a few problems after and had to be re admitted.  As it's still very early days I think I m progressing really well  after the hitches.  I m even back driving my car. smile

• Posted

Hi Nanny to 5 

The injections are to stop blood clots.  I have to inject for 2 weeks afterwards I think as well.  Some hospitals have the injections before and some don't!  Their policies seem to vary quite a bit.  

I was told no PJ's so I got a very pretty nightie, goes over the head but some of the Hyster Sisters pointed out to me that you have tubes, drips etc on the first night, and some of the ladies were trying to turn themselves inside out trying to get nighties on so I got myself one with buttons up the front.  It would be awful to do some damage the first night wouldn't it, so I have gone for the easy option.  

Again some hospitals issue stool softeners some don't.  After hearing about the pain suffered I thought I would definitely get some.  I am covering all my options!  I suffer with diverticulitis and so I know if anything is going to give me grief it will be the bowel, followed by the bladder, especially as they both are going to be put back in place so I am taking no chances!  

Sorry to have confused you, just didn't want you to be caught out.  Gosh there is so much to think about! rolleyes

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.