I've got real bad health anxiety and think I'm going to die contestantly help please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I had a stomach ache 2 weeks ago and after that I worried about everything and had aloud of typical anxiety symptoms however I'm scared I'm going to die! I just want someone to talk to who feels the same , I hate this , I can't control it it's driving me insane the stomach ache went and a lot more came! I'm worried about Ms, cancer . Tumours but it's all in my head ! Who feels the same!!!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same feelings constantly. As soon as I get a headache or some pain in my head I think the worse and think I am going to die. It keeps me up at night and I feel like crap during the day. It has basically taken control of my life and I would love for it to go away but my mind continually fails me in my thoughts. I wish I could give you an answer but I am looking for one myself. I start group therapy tomorrow so I am hookah I can receive some of my answers there. I hope you can find some answers also. Having these feelings sucks.
    • Posted

It's the best to no that somebody to is going through this, it completely takes over my life . However I have learnt not to google! It's the enemy, what has helped me is these forums , talking to somebody who feels the same! We are not alone! I hope therapy goes well tomorrow and hopefully you get some answers , I have a counselling appointment on Friday and I can't wait! Have you been to the doctors for reassurance that everything is ok? Xx
  • Posted

rseiHi Leah, Do you have a faith or religion that deals with death, Invesigate the different one and see which one means more sense you. Once you decide on this rgen death isn;t so frigthening then. We all think the worse when we get ill because there is so much publicity about cancer.

But the survival rate is so much better now.Read up on these things and you may not be so scarried

• Posted

Hiya Leah, a couple of years ago I went through the same. I woke up with a small ach in my chest and was convinced it was my heart. I went to the ANE many times with sever panic attacks, I was in constant fear of any pain in that area and ended up on anti depressants as a result.

Recovery..

You need to re-train your brain to stop focosing on bodily sensations. Only YOU can get yourself through this and you will.

1. Ignore it YES ignore your thoughts, let them come in but pay little respects to them and get on with you day. Do not rise to them.

2. Carry on doing and going places that you did prior to when you got ill.

3. No more what ifs! / what happens if I feel like this/ have a panic attack/ will be like this for the rest of my life! Stop! And no more googling.

4. Take one day at a time. You will have good, bad days and setbacks they are all part of recovery.

5. Think logically, if you were dying you probable would have by now or you would have more symptoms and your doctor would be concerned. He is clearly not.

6. You WILL get through this. Just know that you will and stay strong.

• Posted

That's completely normal and sounds JUST like anxiety. I am a hypochondriac so I worry about every little thing that goes on, whether it be headache, nausea, dizziness. Just know that fear itself will make it seem like it's 10x worse or even cause some of the stomach aches. When I have really bad anxiety my stomach starts to hurt a lot. Try not to google these things because Google will always give you the worse case scenario! If you had cancer you would surely know because cancer causes a lot more than just a stomach ache, as well as rumors. Keep strong!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.