I've had a uterine fibroid embolism in 12/16/2016 and I'm in so much pain !

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have pain killers I've been on for the month but my pain is progressing. The pain is almost unbearable. Every 4-6 hours I'm popping 2 oxycocodones and my pain is in my hip and back. Super painful! I need these pain killers mm

If I knew I would experience this kind of pain I would not have done it

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What does your ir say? You could have an infection. Any other symptoms?

Also, if you are taking opiates, it's very possible that the pain you are feeling is gas and bowel and nothing to do w the ufe. Why are you not taking ibuprofen instead? Alternate ibuprofen with Tylenol and stop the opiates. Take Gas X and milk of magnesia. All should have been prescribed after the procedure.

The third possibility is a clot. You need to follow up with your doctor.

• Posted

Ibuprofen helped my pain. I went to the ER 4-days after my procedure because of excruciating pain. The ER doctor sent me home with a prescription for Percocet and a stool softener. I took the Percocet for 1 day and no relief from the pain. When I spoke with my IR he told me to continue taking the ibuprofen and that helped. I had a prescription for 600 mg ibuprofen.
  • Posted

I was told those meds make you cramp more. I know crazy! I was like why would you give me this for cramps if it makes you cramp . I was in so much pain I was actually scared to stop taking the pain pills. Take tyneol every 4 hrs 500 mg and then switch to Motrin the next 4hrs. Worked wonders for me . I hope it works for you but if you get no refief after an hr go to the ER for pain I don't want you to be in pain .

• Posted

Same here. I endured pain for 24 hours before I went to the ER. They gave me lots of pain meds through IV so the relief was quick then I had an ultrasound to make sure there weren't any clots. Once I came home from the ER I had my phone set to alarm every 4hrs so I wouldn't miss my dose of pain meds. Because I'm not good at taking pills, in the beginning I tried to stretch it out and instead of taking the ibuprofen every 6 hours I tried every 7 but the pain would start then I would take the pill but then it took at least 30 minutes before I got relief so I would be in pain for almost 2hours. So do go to the ER if you're in pain and don't miss your doses. It will pass. I thought it wouldn't and had lots of regrets while I was in pain but once the pain ended I was thankful I did it.

• Posted

Yes lol! I did the same thing I set my alarm on my phone . I don't even know why they just don't tell you about tyneol and Motrin to began with🙄 Maybe send patients home with the heavier drugs just in case . I was thinking WOW! I hurt for two days when all I had to take was tyneol and Motrin 😡

• Posted

I had an embolism nov 17. First week was excruciating. I also was on vicodins every 4-6 hrs. Heating pad helped. Just get lots of rest. Stool softener is crucial. This will pass in about 5-7 days. Seems unbearable now., just means it's working. Best of luck.

• Posted

Wow! That's a long time to have that pain. I was in pain for 5 long days. I hope everything is okay. Please talk to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.