I’ve had abdominal pain for 2 weeks!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys! I have had abdominal pain for about 2 weeks now, I have been very anxious and stressed before hand over a few other problems which I believe may have coursed the problem. I’m 24 years old. I have no other symptoms other than the pain sometimes moving around my stomach, it isn’t there all day everyday but comes back. I have been to the doctors and she felt everything and said everything feels normal. She ordered me a ultrasound which i still don’t have the date for she said this is for a rule out rather than a rule in. I’m just getting a little anxious now as I can’t think what it could be. I’m passing stolls in the morning, no blood or anything found. Urine is fine. The pain is more of an ache, annoying pain than a omg I can’t move kinda pain. If anything is experiencing anything or knows what would be good for me to take to try and ease the pain I would be very great full! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you have bowel habit change and temporary relief of pain after a bowel movement? If so, it might be IBS since your pain comes and goes and moves about your stomach and you have had stress.  At your age, serious problems are rarer. Try not to assume what you might have because this will cause anxiety.  Your ultrasound or any other tests will tell you more.  If nothing shows up, it is more likely to be IBS.  Ask your doctor for an antispasmodic like Buscopan for the pain.
    • Posted

I don’t feel like I’m going as much as I did before, the pain sometimes goes towards my back however i have noticed my back has been hurting since starting a job in an office and slouching etc. I haven’t tried any IBS relief as of yet. 

The pain doesn’t seem to stop my daily activities, I’m still doing stuff as normal it’s just a really annoying ache that doesn’t seem to shift. I had a cough before the pain came so I thought it may have been a pulled muscle but the pain moves to much for that I think. 

• Posted

My IBS pain didn’t interupt.my daily activities either.  I also had back pain with my IBS which felt worse because I already have a back injury.  Back pain can be a sign of IBS because the lower part of the colon wraps around your lower back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.