I've had acute bronchitis for over a month now, no improvement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys.

I'm looking for some advice over this matter. I think the title explains everything.

I've visited the doctor 3 times now, yet I've had little improvement.

I've been using Salbutamol syrup, Theophylline Guaifenesin syrup, Diphenhydramine Syrup, Bromhexine tablets, Acetylcysteine, and some other drugs. I even had an IV infusion with Aminophylline and a bunch of more drugs in it, but I still have to cough up a LOT of phlegm or I'll have problem breathing.

It's a pretty nasty scene, and very disruptive in the everyday routine basis; especially in public places. It's not like that I can hold it back or something.

I was wondering, Is there any suggestions you'd like to make? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

FYI, I don't live in the US.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I used to have bronchitis. Something to know about it is it's different for everyone. My sister used to cough awfully non-stop in bed for days, whereas I almost didn't feel it. The fact that your coughing up something is a good thing because it shows activity in your body. It's much worse to feel the symptoms and not be able to apply some sort of solution. Just know that plenty of people have it worse than you, so keep on going. 

• Posted

Hi Ogroegue,

I completely understand your situation as i know someone that had the same ilness. 

I recommend you this website where you can learn more about Acute Bronchitis

https://www.quro.ai/dictionary/acute-bronchitis/

Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.