I've had enough

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, I'm so upset and just had enough. For the past six days I've been dizzy constantly.. It's got to the point now it's started to make me feel sick. I went to the doctors on Friday, she said she is also certain that it's from my antidepressant, mirtazapine. She took me off it now, she said I would be feeling dizzy for the past few days. I know it's only Monday and it's been three days.. I'm certain it would have faded by now, wouldn't it? My dizzy constantly and it's starting to get to me, I'm started to think the doctors got it wrong, what if I've got a deadly illness and she's just missed it? I've been having palpitations with it and weakness. In so scared this isn't going to go and I'm going to die.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I just looked that medication up, and some people have experienced that dizziness for 2 months after taking the medication. Just wait it out, and try to lay in bed, as much as possible and drink lots of fluids.. smile
    • Posted

I couldn't wait it out and feel dizzy constant for 2 months. 
    • Posted

2 months! Oh my god that's ages.. I dunno if I can hold it out. I'm just worried it's not the pill and it's something else
    • Posted

Yeah, I know.. But there's honestly not much you can do about it. You know?
    • Posted

I would rather try a different medication than feel dizzy for 2 month that's just me everyone's different 
  • Posted

How long were you on the mirtazapine fore and what dosage?
    • Posted

Maybe a couple of weeks to get them out your symstem

I was on 45mg for 6 years and I tapered down to 15mg in two weeks and the withdrawal lasted about another week after that

But remember if you are going onto another AD they all have side effects

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I just don't understand why mirtazapine made me so dizzy in the first place after 3 weeks of taking them. I just don't want this to last much longer. My doctor has now gave me sertraline but I'm not sure if I wanna take it.. Scared I'm gonna have these side effects again
    • Posted

Dizzyness is an anxiety symptom and it can be a side effect of the drug.

I dont know why the doc put you on mirt for anxiety its usually used for depression.

As I said before everyone reacts differently to meds but most of them do have side effects

Take Carecool

• Posted

Hi jackie I've been feeling dizzy all last week from coming off escitalopram it's the worst feeling😔 Hope u feel better soon.
  • Posted

It could be a bit of both it could be the anxiety and medication that's causing it
    • Posted

I'm not so sure about my anxiety.. Yes I get anxious but I can kinda control it so I don't have frequent panic attacks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.