I've had horrible anxiety and I don't know how to cope with it, what should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here.

I have had such bad anxiety and it started a few years ago. My old GP prescribed 5 mg Buspar and I started 9 months ago and it doesn't help, I was told I could try 10 mg of it and I did and it still didn't help. After about 3 months of taking 10 mg of the Buspar I decided to stop taking it since it wasn't helping. I am currently in therapy and I honestly don't feel like it is going anywhere either, I am able to open up easily but I still haven't gotten anywhere with my therapist. I have tried to find ways to cope with my anxiety, I have tried Dimond art, Journaling, cleaning, and I don't feel like they're helping as much as they used too. My GP has also recently retired and I guess I'm scared to find a new one that will understand me they way that mine used too. if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to tell me!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

welcome to the site! I am so sorry you are feeling that way. I know how horrible anxiety can feel. i’ve had it my entire life.

I would say, definitely try to find another primary care doctor. I usually read reviews online before I choose one. they don’t help that much with anxiety.

as far as the therapy, the therapist can give you suggestions on what to do to relax the anxiety. They won’t be able to help you take it away 100% but they can help you find ways to manage it better so you feel a little better. You can also switch therapists if you don’t feel like you’re getting anywhere. I like therapy because it helps me to vent how I’m feeling and when I’m done I feel a little better.

unfortunately, there’s no magic pill for anxiety. You have to try different things. I find that exercise helps me to relax a lot and reduces the anxiety. I am going to send you a private message. Take one day at a time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.