I've had this burning in the throat for a couple of weeks.

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've taken steroids for 20 years. On prednisolone for 3 years with omeprozole. Went to docs last week, with burning sensation in my throat and a feeling of something being stuck. told to double up on omeprozole and given Benzydamine Hydrochloride to use as mouthwash and gargle also given Gaviscon. The gargle made my throat burn so much that I couldn't sleep. 2nd doctor told me today to stop that. Checked my glands etc, looked down my throat and am now Waiting to go for camera down throat. Had 2 of these before all ok( last one about 18 Mths / 2 years. I too have taken some steroids that weren't gastro resistant. Have no problems eating and drinking but have great difficulty swallowing my own saliva, burp a lot and generally feel yuk. What can I do to feel a bit better. I eat lots of fruit and veg. How should I change my diet? Any help anyone can give will be much appreciated. Thank you

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would ask if they are doing an endoscopy if they could add the Bravo test to check the pH of the esophagus at the same time. (You will wear a wireless monitor for 3-5 days afterward.)

For the time being I would suggest eliminating the following from your diet to see if it helps: (Foods that are high in acid or produce gas)

Citrus fruit

Fruit with seeds like strawberries, raspberries etc.

Anything with tomatoes or tomatoe sauce

Fried foods

Gassy foods like spinach, kale, brocholli, asparagus etc.

Good luck!

• Posted

Oh no! all the things I like but hey ho if it makes me feel better I'll try anything. Thanks for your help.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up