I've joined the 40mg brigade

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

Well, now it's happened. The doc has agreed to put me on 40mg of flu, start tomorrow. Already feel as if a weight has been lifted, thought he might say no.

Lets hope in a little while i can rise back to my level mood. I don't know what other side effects it can throw at me - i've had them all but 2.

Hope you are all coping.

Best wishes to one and all

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Me again, crap memory department.

My sister, who has been clinically depressed for a couple of years, recommends Cats Claw for a general immune system booster.

• Posted

Hi MP

Glad you went back to the dr and got 40mg now i hope it helps kick in more soon.

I feel alot more level since iv been on 40mg. touch wood iv not been rock bottom and just plodding along etc??

My headaches came back when i put my dosage up but hopefully that should be going soon.

Thinking of you

Love

Nicki x

• Posted

I too have increased to 40 mg... i think its the magic doseage, feel better already- done it for 4 days now. xxxxxx good luck everyone
  • Posted

Hi,I'm new to the forum,have been on 20mg for eight weeks.Had terrible side effects in the first couple of weeks(anxiety,insomnia,upset tummy)and have to pay £5 for a can od deoderant to try to contol the sweats.Had 3 really good weeks,then it came to that time of thee month,plus some bad news and stress,and bang,down I came again.Tuesday i dropped my 11 year old daughtler off at school,went home and sobbed uncontrollably for an hour,bad thoughts going through my head.

I work in a special school and most of the girls have been supportive,had a couple of 'cheer up'comments and even a 'you haven't topped yourself yet then'.Anyway,the insomnia returned so i went back to the doc,who has now put me on 40mg,and zopiclone 3.75mg to take for 3 nights,to try and get help me sleep.Not knocking me out but i'm sleeping better,just wish the depression would lift,i have 2 kids and just keep thinking i've had enough sad

• Posted

Hi Woody

Welcome to the forum. I really hope it gives you encouragement and support that we can beat this damn depression.

There will always be things that set us back but hopefully now you are on 40mg, this will stabalise your moods as it has mine. The ups and downs were horrendous and i know what you mean re the side effects early on.

I've been on 40mg now for a couple of weeks. The world does feel strange. I feel quite numb and empty but feel now that the flu is working. This feeling can last about a month which is ok for me.

Don't you just love ignorant people? The 'cheer up brigade'. I just feel sorry for them. that other comment really is unexceptable. Hope they were joking. I would give these people short thrift and let their comments go over your head, if you can.

Hope things are improving for you.

Take care and best wishes. x

• Posted

Management at work have been great,one of them has friends with depression so i know i can talk to her without being judged.The bad comment was supposed to be a joke,not very funny though,and she wasnt laughing when she said it.A few of the girls in work have had depression and they are helping me,the deputy head gave me her phone number and said i can call her anytime.There are just a few girls in there who are either trying to make conversation and cocking it up,or just very ignorant.Hopefully the 40mg will hep,the sleeping tablets did the trick,see how i go tonight without them as i could only take them for 3 nights x
  • Posted

Hi Woody

I'm glad your management team is supportive. You will always get the odd person who doesn't know what to say so they put their foot in it.

Sleep, i remember that vaguely. Can't seem to sleep for more than about 4 hours at a time. I've managed to reduce my hours at work for 3 weeks which means i start later in the morning. I'm really hoping i can catch up on some sleep or at least rest.

• Posted

Hi MP, glad you now on a higher dose, I think its for the best. I have really been helped by the higher dose. Still sruggling sometimes but with therapy I hope I am doing ok.
  • Posted

Hi NC

Really good to hear from you (it's been a while) and that you are doing ok(ish). Keep in touch.

Best wishes. :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.