I've lost my happy...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not really sure how to explain exactly how I am feeling...Lost is one way of putting it or just plain unhappy and I'm not sure why. I'm 27 with a good job and amazing colleagues...I suppose I have just lost my 'happy' and I have no idea how to get it back. I'm struggling to get through the days...not in an 'I want to end it all' way but that everything is an effort and seems rather pointless. I put on the cheerfulness but I'm just existing rather than living I think. I have no idea how to get out of this...

Sorry...there seems to be a lot of 'I' in this post!

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't apologise, sometimes you need to concentrate on yourself, and it sounds as though you really do need to do that. 

What you describe is  so typical of depression and "getting out of it" can be very hard to do on your own.  I am no expert, just a fellow sufferer, but I would say it would be wise to speak to your GP.  27 is too young to be losing your "happy".

You will get loads of good advice on here, so do keep in touch, in the meantime take care, you sound to be a lovely person.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you been diagnosed with depression?  Depression can affect anyone and sometimes just appears out of the blue for no good reason at all. 

Perhaps a word with your GP would help.  Yes depression takes away so very much from us.  I have had it for 30 years and life has been a long struggle.  You are young, so with the help of anti depressants you should begin to feel better about things. 

You need support to help you through this.  Take care

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up