I've made the pedals on my static bike turn all the way round!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hooray! After 7 weeks and the worst week ever, this morning I've just got my poor old legs to turn the pedals around in a full circle!! Never thought it would happen, especially after feeling awful all week! Sooooo happy!

Glenda 😄

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yeh!  Congratulations - told you it would happen and the sense of achievement is immense!

Lynn 24.4 weeks post op

• Posted

Excellent, it gives us all hope.  Clips out on Monday and hoping it will make a big difference!  Why was your last week bad, did the pain come back?

• Posted

I did too much to be honest and when do that it seems to create pain and makes me feel physically very unwell eg nausea, headaches, depressed, tired etc etc! I won't do it again!

I was very surprised about being able to get those pedals round after such a bad week, but recovery seems to me to be a bit of a roller coaster! Anyway, it's onwards and upwards from now on-I hope!

• Posted

Well done. It is a sense of achievement isn't it? 

I was still getting pain behind the knee when I pedalled for weeks - then I raised the seat and it was much better. 😊 Keep pedalling 🚴

• Posted

Thanks to all of you for your kind support🚵

Very best wishes, 

Glenda

• Posted

Great progress glenda, I recall well the feeling of victory when I finally made it over the top dead centre point.

The trick now is to gradually lower the saddle, about 3mm at a time to increase the knee bend. Also putting the ball of your foot on the pedals help increase the bend.

I found using a proper bike with a low step through a great advantage and light up hills where the legs had to work a bit were great for regaining the inevitable muscle loss a TKR causes.

Keep niggling at your leg, but also keep recovering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.