I've made today about upbeat music and keeping busy!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello again. Today has been mostly about listening to music, varnishing the shed and trying not to get any of the latter on the cat (Difficult beacause it is nosey!)

Would be great to hear how other people have been filling their time or their plans to live it up for tommorow/ this week, so I decided to try and get this ball rolling by writing a post. Please add underneath and we'll get a bit of a positive snowball movement going, if you'll pardon the cheesey self-help lingo (please add underneath, the more people the better):

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

To start my day the first thing I do is to give God thanks. I pray. Then I get breakfast. I remember Him always and as I go to work I smile and try to bring some sort of happiness to someone else's life, and by doing that it also makes me feel good about myself.

• Posted

That's awesome, God is good and helps those who help themselves, if you are athiest/agnostic don't feel left out, it's great to hear people are doing good for the world and themselves, belief/creed/culture we're all one! This week I plan to carry on doing more good for others too on here and elsewhere. Loving the post @Shampoo! Don't leave me hanging people, carry on these upbeat posts! I'm also getting politically active, I've written to the home secretary Theresa May and my local MP Geoffrey Robinson to request more funding for the NHS mental health services. No responese as of yet, But I'll just keep writing until they have no choice, just like in 'Shawshank Redemption'!
  • Posted

Hi,

I also look for some reason to stand up in the morning. I would stand up earlier, but there is nothing weating for me. So I don't. I try to go through the breakfast. I hate long breakfast time. Then I just want to do something for myself. The only thing that I can do is gym or running on the beach. Only the though, that I can run outside makes my day. So I always hope the wether is good, so I can run. The only possitive thing in my life in the moment is running! 

• Posted

Keep running Jill, you'll find more reasons, just keep that hope. There's plenty you can do for people! Train up for a marathon and get sponsored to raise money for a mental health charity! Have a wild party/barbecue, why not? I'm glad to hear that running is keeping you going and it's only going to get better for you. We're sticking our fingers up at depression and only thinking what we're greatful for: have you tried listening to upbeat music whilst you run, I've found this really useful?
  • Posted

What a sensible person you are, so sensible and mature. Wish I was younger and single! LOL> Instead of sitting around feeling sorry for themselves or moaning

people shoiuld get busy or do something happy. Listening to music is theraputic,

so is being busy, so is singing, so is making positive plans. I am well organised and work out what I will do for about a week in advance, partly so that things dont clash but also so that I have things to look forward to.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Tomorrow I will do some housework, play with my dogs, then go out with my partner for a meal in the evening. We are going to a carvery for a roast meal and a chat.

• Posted

That sounds amazing, yeah we're gonna keep it going. I'm currently working on hounding the home secretary Theresa May to provide more funding for the NHS mental health services. Cue aggrovated Tory lady. I will make her listen, even if I have to send her 200 emails! Thanks for the compliments by the way smile.

I've seen some brilliant posts so far and people have got some great ideas: so far we've got faith, running, meals out/tackling the housework and pestering Tories. In my opinion, it can only get better! Come on everyone else, lets get the replies to 100! @Shampoo, Jill and Carmel have been very supportive so far!

• Posted

I went to the gym this morning I'm working with a trainer to build up my strength she said I was doing well and that made me feel good, last week I started helping out with a drama group run by my local mind charity for people with various mental health problems, I'm going again tomorrow! I love drama and it's great to help other people smile 
    • Posted

This is really great, I've used drama too. It's great for self confidence, especially if you are shy/suffer with social anxiety. It teaches you to act silly and see that everyone else does the same, to let go. This is a brilliant idea Jen! Also you've got 'Mind' in there, the mental health charity that counsels people for free. Some really inspirational people work for these charities, with amazing mental health stories. Thanks for the post!
  • Posted

Well I am not very exciting or lead an adventurous life.  I fall out of bed in the morning and slump in front of the telly smoking myself silly for a few hours.

Then I take the dog out (that's a new one lol) and let my kitten out at the same time.  Then I potter round the local shops,  or go town,  or go to a centre for over 55's where I play cards or I go to my writers group.  Twice a week I play darts for a team and am out Friday evenings playing dominos down the pub with the fellas.  

Like I said a very exciting life - not!  lol  x

• Posted

Sounds a bitlike the lifed I had when I first retired from runing a very busy time consuming business. To start with it was lovely to get up when I wanted, go to bed when I want, come and go as I want instead of being tied to the phon clients. Then I would thik hey I would have been better off today helping clients who would hve paid me for my time instead of going to such and such and being with very boring people. Butg it doesnt sound as bad as some peoples lives I can think of. Surely you can take the best bits of it and improve it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.