I've messed up, now no one likes me.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So what happened is that people in my grade tried talking to me and making friends with me when I was younger, but I'm really weird and socially awkward, so I give off this really weird vibe that makes them think that I don't like them. Now I have the same classes with all these people and they obviously don't like me cause I'm so weird and indifferent. I just hate myself so much no one likes me at all and they all think I'm so weird and I always say the wrong thing when teachers pick on me and in general everyone finds me really cringe-worthy and disgusting. I hate myself so much and I just don't want to live anymore. I'm so disgusting I deserve hell. Even my own parents have told me that I'm a useless, worthless piece of s**t, and it's not like they're just saying that cause they're stressed out and taking their anger out on me, but I'm literal s**t. I suck at everything and I'm so weird and autistic that no one likes me. I just don't know why I should keep living anymore. I just can't find anything at all to live for. Sorry for the long rant. I would appreciate any help. 

1 like, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello there my name is Diane.  So very glad that you have reached out to us we all understand how it feels to get very down and even down on ourselves. I do! You are young I remember when I was in high school I felt so akward and different than all but one friend and thankfully I had her. Other than that I pulled deep inside but I got through it and made it. Things got better as I got older. Have you ever seen a counselor? Have you ever mentioned to your parents that you think it might be a good idea if you had someone professional to speak to of your own? Will you give that some thought? So will you keep us posted? We will watch for your response. I will. Diane
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi try not to jump to conclusions about people and think you can know what they are thinking or feeling.  The only way you would know for sure is asking them.  I always find if you look interested in people you don't have to say anything and a smile goes a long way.  You are overthinking things too much.  x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hypercat is right 🙂 I remember when i was in school, i thought i was the best body language/facial expression reader in the world bar none, i thought people had all sorts of terrible opinions of me. But it was only after school, particularly when i saw a therapist, that i learnt that this is one of the symptoms of depression: "mind-reading". You think people are thinking all sorts of things, but usually theyre either not thinking about anything to do with you, or its not something negative about you! You project your own feelings about yourself onto other people. 

I understand the overthinking thing as well, again a symptom of depression "ruminating". Its hard to get out of that habit, but seeing a therapist can really help understand why you think like that and to get out of it 💚

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up