I've not been myself for 2 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if anyone can relate to my symptoms...

about 2 months ago I started feeling weird, had a pain across my chest and down into my arms, and just felt short of breath when I did something. That night I went to the ER worried about my heart did all the tests and chest X-rays and all was normal... Had a stress test a week later and all was normal. Still not feeling well have muscle aches in my arms and legs..dr ran tests thinks it's all from anxiety... Had a couple llymes tests they came back neg . Started on cellexa on for about 13 days now but my aches are still there...just don't understand how anxiety can make my muscles in my arms and legs ache all time????  Any replys would be helpful thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi anxiety causes tension n tension causes pain in muscles! Warm baths and or paracetamol in the short term should help but relaxation to get rid of the tension is the key. 
    • Posted

Thanks Elizabeth11977 ,I appriciate your input, I hope your right and I will try warm baths, my anxiety and constant thinking about it has me having every disease imaginable, take care and thanks!
    • Posted

Yeah me too. It's an awful affliction. What I.d give for peace of mind! If you,ve been checked by medical people then I believe the "cure" lies in acceptance. Although your muscles are sore does it prevent you from doing things? If not then carry on and try and ignore. Hope it gets better for you. 
    • Posted

I still function, just sore all the time.... I want to feel like my old self, but I keep telling myself it could be worse and I have to deal with it! Thanks again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.