I've recently come of Citalopram and would like to hear and help other people if possible

Posted , 7 users are following.

I would like to be able to help

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

To be honest , it's a month off for me and this last week I thought it's almost like it was before I went on it..am considering St. John's wort ...to try that 
    • Posted

I wouldn't advise St. Johns wart, as it says on here 'just because it's natural, doesn't mean there are no side effects. Talk to your doctor about going on a waiting list for therapy or find someone to talk to. If you'd like I could try and help you through this smile
    • Posted

It wouldn't hurt to try. Do ck with UR doc first for any interaction it may have with other meds UR taking. Just remember because it's a herb they too have side effects.. See online....
  • Posted

I took citalopram but it made me collapse in a restaurant so i stopped taking it. I have tried all supplements out there and none help. I think in the end only cognitive therapy can help someone with anxiety. Learning to think positively. rolleyes
    • Posted

Sometimes we have no choice to take them due to a for one imbalance in the brain...
  • Posted

You need to ask for medical help. It's not good just to come off it yourself, especially if it was helping you. If it was helping you why come off it? 
  • Posted

She suggested it before I went on Citalopram ..I dismissed it  as hokey okay  at the time but  am giving it a try...
    • Posted

Good luck, I can't give any medical advice apart from talk to your doctor. Keep us informed on how it goes
  • Posted

Would anyone like someone to go through this with them? 
    • Posted

U mean something to feel.... "BETTER" 

homones out of balance can be put back in balance to a train extent with antidepressants..I've taken them for years...without them I'm much worse as fa as sad emotions..biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.