I've recently come of Citalopram and would like to hear and help other people if possible

Posted , 7 users are following.

I would like to be able to help

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not that broken really

• Posted

If you're not #that broken# you should be fine.  Take it slowly  and come off them over, at least, a month is my advice.
  • Posted

There is a good forum for that called Coming off Citalopram sad

I've been off now, since January and not good but I was the same whilst taking it so what was the point?

• Posted

I want to start coming off, my doc says cut the pill in half.. is that slow enough? and just because everythings absolutely fine right now should i make waves for no reason by starting this process? lol
    • Posted

YES!   It will still be a rolle-coaster ride if they original problem that caused you to go on medication are still there.  Of, course, we are all different.
  • Posted

My GP has not helped me this year ......I suffered severe pain with my bowel probs and painkillers didn't help so decided to ask for Citalopram as was getting so anxious and not sleeping well.   These helped me 4 years ago when I had diff kind of stress; this time I feel they have not helped with the pain or anxiey, in fact possibly made me worse, the problem is that I have had frequent colds and flu so not sure where my body is at!!  (10mg)    After 4 months have started to wean off VERY slofwly and see what happens.   I still get bowel pain and broken nights - my pain dr wants me to try Gabapentin but as am not good with lots of meds will wait til I'm off the Cit.   What do you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.