I want to be my old self again!!!!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Peri sucks...How I found out....When I took an ambulance ride to the ER for a bp of 225/125. Body was numb and breathing was abnormal. On the heart floor for 3 days being monitored and bp stayed normal. Was told it was anxiety..One NP told me to get checked for menopause that she was looking in a mirror at herself when she looked at me..So went to my doctor and asked her to check and sure enough my levels showed I was peri and very close to menopause. That was 6 months ago. Since then, I have felt like a ticking time bomb, not knowing what symptom would appear next. I have had:

heart palps, pounding, tachycardia 130, feeling like passing out, fluctuating bp from 110/68-170/108 (now on low dose of Norvasc)

fluctuating glucose too high to low (no meds)

irregular heart beats,

off balance, dizzy,

ears clicking,

shaking internally all the dam time, tingling,

headaches,

sour stomach, indigestion, nausea,

head pressure, electric shocks,

left hand numbness, whole body numbness,

hot flushes, cold flashes, 1 night sweat, cold hands, and feet,

aching joints and muscles to muscle tension especially in shoulder/neck

brain fog, difficulty concentrating,

dry skin, brittle hair,

ANXIETY and PANIC ATTACKS

irregular cycles, heavy bleeding about a year ago, now spotting to light

stomach feels full from a small meal, but brain says I'm still hungary

severe fatigue

Insomnia bad

I could go on...but I have felt like this has taken over me and I cant control it...

I am a nurse and normally energetic and now I cant hardly go anymore.

I have become homebound most of the time because I just dont know what and when a symptom will flare up as it is quiet embarrassing in front of people to feel so bad you check to see if the bp is and glucose is ok all the time. I have to eat every two hours to keep glucose from going to low.

This has been a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God, I have a wonderful husband that tolerates and understands me during all this due to my bad mood swings and irritability.

I have had no treatment during all this.

I can say that some things are better or less severe, so I am praying that the worse is ending and things are leveling out. I still have cycles but they are light to spotting. I did go 7 months 2 years ago without a cycle then it returned the 8th month..Uggghhh.

Has anyone else gone through this this severe?

4 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm scared because I read it may not get any Better once in menopause. I can't live like this! This can be years for many of us and were missing out on life.

• Posted

Omg that's me!!!! That was like reading my journal. Sigh! I actually had a decent few days , and yesterday got downward spiral...anxiety, exhausted, dizzy again, headaches on back of head and nwck, ringing poping ears, did I say casi tired like lethargic, joints ache..IBS, NASEAU...

I don't have all symptons today than god, bit it's still early.

This to shall pass...

• Posted

I had horrible heart palpitations going into menopause. I then added 20 mgs. of USP progesterone cream nightly, They were gone almost overnight. It's the lack of progesterone that is dropping that causes it. The aches and pains are from the loss of estrogen. I try to eat as clean as possible. No sugar and no processed foods. I take 5000 mgs. of Vitamin D3 daily. Two tablespoons of fish oil at night before bed which helps with the aches. Also two tablespoons of ground flaxseed every morning which helps with the hot flashes.

• Posted

hi cynthia.   how much is 20mgs of progesterone cream, how do you measure it?  I use all the other things you said except for the cream, interested because the palpitations come and go for me, more so on the last two weeks of cycle. thnks 
    • Posted

thnk u.  the message hasn't come through yet,  i'll check again in a while.  thnks again.

• Posted

Oh my, I so could have written almost every word of this about myself! I have been trying  to cope since 2009. I had a total hysterectomy in 2011 and I really thought all would be okay and go away, but 5 years later I am still going through all of this craziness. Be ever so thankful for a supportive husband. I can only imagine that would make a huge difference in dealing with all of this. I like you just want my life back. I will continue to pray and ask JESUS to bring me through. Prayers for you.
  • Posted

You have totally told my story. I have all the same symptoms and basically been a human pin cushion getting a million test done and told nothing wrong. Docs refuse believe its perimenopause and after having ny bloods done they say it was normal so they really don't believe it. I know i am thoughand i know my body best.

• Posted

Hi Jamie. So many doctors don't know what to say about peri menopause. They often want to hand out anti depressants instead of looking at what's really going on. Just try to eat a healthy diet and take care of yourself. Sugar, coffee, and alcohol are the worst when it comes to hot flashes. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.