I want to live again

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello everyone 

I chose to come on this site because no one seem to understand what I'm going thru they think I'm over exaggerating or crazy 

I have been going thru Peri for a few years now but dec and Jan has been the worse 😫 My doctor took away my sleeping pills that I been taking for 10 yrs so I'm not really sleeping , I have as soon as I open my Eyes I'm nauseas, dizzy , dry eyes , many sweats at night time and during the day hot flashes ,just weird over all and no sleep at all b cus I no longer have sleeping pills plea , please help😢😫

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would try and get an appointment with another doctor. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sleep is important to heal the body. If you don't sleep, you will never get well. Do you drink caffienated drinks or eat chocolate? I would avoid all that. Eventually you will sleep. Go ahead and sleep no matter what time of day it is. Keep noise and lights low. Once you get enough sleep, you can then start dealing with the other problems. Just my opinion; I'm no expert. I typically don't tell people what to do, but I have heard from many experts that sleep is extemely important for the body and brain.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have so many friends who tell me the same thing. They just can't rest because their mind won't stop thinking. I fall alseep easily, and stay asleep but I have horrid dreams all the time. I try not to nap during the day because the dreams are worse during the day.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your symptoms sound terrible but no should  be on sleeping pills for ten years.  You needed to find another way to sleep  years ago.  You need to revamp your diet and exercise.  Yes, your hormones are messing with you.  But your body is changing and you need to change too.  

Over the counter progesterone can help  Magnesium, DIM.  Stay away from caffeine.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Gm Beth 

Thank you for helping me out 

You mention two things I do wrong I don't exercise and I drink coffee 

I don't leave my home only if I need to go to the grocery store 

I was very active worked in NYC for many yrs attended the gym .

I'm having a terrible time sleeping , hot flashes night sweats

You mention magnesium and DIM

what's Dim? And do I get magnesium pills at any pharmacy? Thank you your advice 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Maria!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re not feeling good.i have had the same problem with not sleeping, then waking up with the nausea, dizziness, headaches. I get body aches and am emotional. It kind of makes me feel like I’m getting sick. BUT my GYN put me on Magnesium Citrate at night and it has made a WORLD of difference. You really need to talk to a Dr that has a strong background in Natural medicine as an added bonus. 

I hope you get some sleep!

Laura

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Laura thank you so much for your reply 

It's a terrible what we go thru I'm going to talk to my gyn to see if she gives me a rx for the magnesium citrate 

She gave me Premarin creme but honestly I don't want any HRT 

Thank you so much for your advice 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Why did the doc take them away? That sounds awful to just stop. What about over the counter sleep aid or melatonin, which is a natural sleep aid?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up