I want to quit

Posted , 9 users are following.

I just don't know how much longer I can go on feeling like this. I feel sick all the time. I'm constantly taking my temp bc I feel like I have a fever. I'm anxious and depressed. It seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I can't motivate myself to even get out of bed. I'm at 4 1/2 weeks and just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ohhhh Jennifer xx I'm so sorry to read this! You poor thing. Have you spoken to your doctor? It's a bit of a roller coaster isn't it.

You have done so well getting through the first four weeks!! Let's hope you start to see some improvements really soon!!

I know I'm finding it hard too. I'm 3.5 weeks in.

X

• Posted

Thanks Pipk. I just don't know what to do. I emailed my doctor this morning so hopefully she'll have some encouragement. I do not want to switch drugs, I've put so much time into this one already. Ugh...

• Posted

Hi I'm on day 26 of 20mg and had bad few as n aNd last last night i had massive pannic attack so was up most night freaking today ive had to take 0.5 lorazepam to try calm me as was shaking so bad i hope that once i get into 5the 6the week it gets better as im tired feeling crappy also sweats bad but shiver as well i hope we all get better soon ght

• Posted

I read so many posts like yours and this was me some 10 weeks ago, I had around 15 side effects (gosh I counted them how sad) BUT and a big BUT I can tell you it does get better. The reason I still join in this forum is to offer verbal support to others like I was given. Please stick with it I feel so much has improved for me since being on it. Keep talking on here people will always listen and respond no matter how many times you put a discussion on here.

• Posted

Thanks Woo. I just didn't expect this to get so bad. Did you feel sick - like feverish sick - when you were still having side effects? I feel like I'm the only person experiencing this particular SE.

• Posted

Yes nausea, shivers hold and cold no energy lethargy like you have flu. It is a common side effect our bodies don't like anything interfering with brain chemistry so it will throw everything it can to make you stop taking medication, don't fight it, if you feel unwell just relax, if one day you feel ok that's good but it will get better. The only real danger with anti depressants is a condition called serotonin syndrome which is very rare and would have effected you in the first few days. If you can get some electrolyte powders to take, as flouextine can cause a slight sodium imbalance (can deplete your sodium levels) rehydration powders is what they are. I know it's easy to say and a cliché but try to relax as much as you can

• Posted

Thank you so much. I'll look for the electrolyte powders. At this point I would take anything you suggest if I thought it would help. Xx

• Posted

Hey Jennifer. Sorry you're feeling so horrible today. You may need to go up on your dosage and that may be why you're still anxious and depressed along with the already messy side effects of Flu. You've been so positive along this Rollercoaster ride it's only right it gets better for you. Hopefully your doctor can offer some comfort for you. Keep us posted.

• Posted

I'm doing okay today. Morning started off rough but I managed to push myself out of the bed by noon and go for a walk. Stayed out of the house about an hour. Now just sitting here about to try and watch a movie.

• Posted

I am so glad to hear that! Maybe things will start steadily improving for you now.
  • Posted

I'm feeling the exact same way, tired, lethargic, crazy vivid dreams. I've also had increased anxiety and depression (never really had that too much before) I feel so unless like myself and normal motivation. I'm going to ask to go down from 40mg to 20mg or possibly change. I'm at 5 weeks now and it's just really difficult, I know where you are coming from. I go to my pdoc tomorrow so I'll tell you what he says, maybe it will help you too. Hope you start feeling better soon

• Posted

Hi Jennifer - I'm so sorry to hear this! Yes you are not alone in the Flu-like symptoms, I have had that too. Sweating all night, feeling like you are burning up then freezing 5 minutes later. It's so hard feeing like you have to rely on the medication to get you back to who you used to be. I'll be taking warfarin now also as I found out this morning I have another heart condition (in addition to the one I already knew about) that I'll probably have to deal with the rest of my life and I feel like giving up too. I know how hard it is having to deal with all this crap at once. Try to stay positive and take things one at a time. I'll keep you in my prayers xo

• Posted

Oh Smorse...I am so sorry. That's a lot to have to carry at one time. You're so sweet to encourage me when you're dealing with so much. I'll pray for you as you navigate this new road. Xx

• Posted

That's what makes this forum so great, we can all support each other. I keep trying to remind myself things will get better, they just have to get sorted out first. Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.